• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Peeking under the skirt of the 2010 Connie

Fred H.

I have posted some photos taken of the new 2010 with some of the body panels removed. You can see lots of changes to the air dams and how air is blocked off from going past the engine. Much of the reflective coverings that used to be on the backs of some of the panels has also been removed. The photo gallery is here. I'll be adding more photos to it as time goes on. http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/2010_c14

I also added some photos from the press shoot in California. There were far too many to put in the Concourier article, so I picked out some of the good ones and added them to the gallery.

Fred, Looking at your 2010 do you see anything that we can do to fix the heat problems on 08&09's? One more, will the new glove box fit on 08&09's? Thanks in advance, Ted

The new glove box "might" be able to be made to fit the 08/09 bike, BUT you would have to cut a big hole in the black side panel in just the perfect spot. There also is a bracket underneath it on the 2010 that has a threaded stud that a bolt in the bottom of the glove box fits into. I won't say it can't be done, but I suspect it would not be an easy task to do and make it look "right" when you were done. One other thing of interest, is that it appears the old center glove box won't work on the new bike either, at least not without some modification anyway. The bracket underneath it has changed, and there are now relays under there. I was hoping I could buy a glove box for an 09 and put it on my 2010, but I don't know if it is going to be feasible to do so. I wish Kawasaki had redesigned the gas tank on the 2010 so it didn't need the silly plastic center panel on it at all. If they went to all the trouble of removing the center glove box, they should have redesigned the gas tank so it didn't need big plastic center panel. They probably could have expanded the interior volume of the gas tank at the same time and increased how much gas the tank can hold. But redesigning the tank would have cost them more money, which is probably why they just slapped a plastic panel over it and called it done.