• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pinnacles Loop Ride Report

jimp

Sport Tourer
Dan and I did the Pinnacles-Carmel Loop Ride today, and while it was just the two of us, we had a great ride. The weather was perfect with temps around 70 and not a cloud in the sky until we got to the coastal area. There was no traffic to speak of, with only five cars all the way from Hollister to Carmel, about 130 miles, and Hwy 25 is in spectacular condition. One couldn't ask for a better day or ride.

We passed a group of about 50 sport bikes parked at the junction of Arroyo Seco and Carmel Valley Rd., and I came to find out later from a guy at a gas station 3 miles from my house that it was a group ride organized on grouprides.net an SF Bay Area internet group based in La Honda.

All you guys who couldn't make it missed a good one. I'm thinking we should try this again maybe late April or early May. We'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• Pinnacles1 3-12.JPG
    Pinnacles1 3-12.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 90
  • pinnacles2 3-12.jpg
    pinnacles2 3-12.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 95
Great Stuff Jim. Keep it going. Looks like a great ride. Dan, Thanks for hosting and putting it on the Calendar. Keep it up. Like I said, 1, 10, or 100, enjoy the ride and looks like you guy's did.  :great: :beerchug: :)

+1 on a spectacular ride. That Hwy 25 stretch is unbelievable an the first 100 miles felt like it was our own private road -- just two Connies and a few interspered cyclists.

Jim set a spirited pace, but was always waiting just down the road. We ended up throwing in a few more miles by staying on 25 south to Lonoake Road -- personally my favorite stretch of pavement. The additional gave our Mexican Restaurant lunch stop in King City time to open, and we were fed and back on the bikes a few minutes after noon.

A quick gas stop and then onto 101 for a couple miles and back onto two lane roads.

Carmel Valley Road was clean and clear and I can see why it attracts so many riders. Past Carmel Valley Village, we diverted north onto Laureles Grade and over the summit. Took a beverage break within sight of the Monterey Salinas Hwy and you could hear the track bikes reving at Laguna Seca less than a mile north.

All around epic ride and great company. Jim offered some good tips on things I can improve (and not worry about) on my bike -- can't wait to do it again.