• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Plexus?!?

danmcdermott

When on trips I have used Plexus to keep my windscreen, headlights and helmet visor clean and easy to see through. I have always thought it was pricy at $8-$10 for a 7oz bottle, however it is so easy to use on the road (easier than pledge).

Now I am seeing 13oz bottles of Plexus ranging between $30-$45 per bottle. I just ordered some Honda spray cleaner and polish as an alternative.

I know our economy is tumultuous right now, however the cost of Plexus seems ridiculous.

I've been using rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle and microfiber towels. Works very well, especially on the visor. Polycarbonate resistance to isopropyl alcohol is listed as excellent. I don't know how resistant the anti-scratch coating on my visor is, but I've been doing this for a couple of years and have seen no degradation. I use 70%.

When on trips I have used Plexus to keep my windscreen, headlights and helmet visor clean and easy to see through. I have always thought it was pricy at $8-$10 for a 7oz bottle, however it is so easy to use on the road (easier than pledge).

Now I am seeing 13oz bottles of Plexus ranging between $30-$45 per bottle. I just ordered some Honda spray cleaner and polish as an alternative.

I know our economy is tumultuous right now, however the cost of Plexus seems ridiculous.
I've been using the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish for years. Was using Plexus till I tried Honda cleaner. Takes less wiping to get it wiped off then the Plexus which I like. About $12 a 12 ounce can. I buy by the case from on-line which makes it around $7 a can.

I think Plexus if I remember was discontinued awhile back and reformulated for sale at a higher price way back then. The honda cleaner seems to be the same thing, for me at least.

Lemon Pledge. Knew a guy with a 64 split window vet that went to car shows and that's all he would use to polish it.

This stuff surely has got to be the same as Plexus. At least from the smell. About $28 from Amazon. Plexus has gone completely off the rails regarding price.

Attachments

• windscreen polish.jpg
    windscreen polish.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 46
I often use the scrubber and water next to the gas pumps. Works well most of the time.

The trick is to not rub it hard on the visor. I'll grab a couple paper towels and that squeegee while wearing the helmet. Wet it well. Run it across the visor, and enjoy the aroma of the "water". :D Then wipe it very very very gently. No scratches. Just don't force the bug guts off; let the "water" do the work.

Chris

Before you leave home. Spray Lemon Pledge over the entire bike and helmet, and do a good polish.
Bike looks better, Bugs don't stick, and ya smell better. <evil grin>

On the road, Glass Plus; (Put some in a small spray bottle and take it with you) Cleans away bugs easily...

Last edited:
Well I just got back from a 6500 mile road trip and used Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish along the way. It worked better than plexus and was WAY less expensive. Also worked great on other cleaning projects that became necessary on the road.

I've used pledge and it works, can be purchased anywhere. I have found it is easy not to buff it well enough on windscreens and helmet visors and can impede vision.

I haven't had a chance yet to try Sprayway SW848 Aerosol Plastic Cleaner, or 210 Plastic Cleaner and Polish but I'm going to give them a try as well.