• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PR3 owners please check this out

dkirman

Tricycle
Here is a scary story of a guy with PR3s on an FZ6. Not sure what is going on here but the pictures in his forum story show the PR3s chunking rubber. He mentions nearly 10K miles on these tires but obviously that is not the case, the  tire in the pictures does not have 10K on them, the bike does, so maybe he just wrote it up bad in his story?

http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/35444-michelin-pilot-road-3-here-8.html

hmm, seems michelins quality is going south.

i have about 1500 miles on mine now and they are ok, im not super impressed with them.  i still find they are just a touch too soft (wiggly) for my taste compared michelins of yesteryear.

im sure most here remember my issues with my last set of pr2's.

looks like with the lack luster performance of my pr3's combined with my experience with the pr2's and michelins continued dedication to customer service, i will become a customer for other brands.

the issues in the past year or so exceeds just being a 'bad batch'.  they are definately not worth the price anymore.