• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pre-ride safety tip for 40 y/o+ men

KretonsLC

Guys - keep those nasal hairs under control. Seriously - hear me out! For years I often would get an itchy nose while riding, which required I lift my visor and sun shade - taking one hand off the bars - to address. I'd often have to repeat this little exercise numerous times, and assumed the problem was a loose head hair that was tickling my nose. One day I discovered the culprit was actually unruly nose hairs that get blown around by the little bit of air that flows through my helmet. I've found keeping the little bast*rds under control makes for a more comfortable and safer ride, freeing me from an unnecessary distraction requiring me to take a hand off the bars.

Last edited:
Buncha sissies.

I have a handlebar mustache. (and I'm keepin' it)
Just imagine the fun I have in the wind.. 🥴
(Luckily, I found a good helmet)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Real men grow handlebars. 🥸

Attachments

• DSC02250.JPG
    DSC02250.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Somehow, I think we got away from Kretons original intent.
ie; It was a gen-u-ine suggestion to prevent NH tickle while riding.

I'm confused Ted. Is your mush-stash made up of long nose-hairs combed to look like a mush-stash, or is it a real mustache?
If they are seriously long nose hairs, well then, wire cutters fits in this thread.

Buy the way...who made you the nose-hair moderator?

While it is true Brezhnev had some impressive caterpillars above his eyes, no one, and I mean NO ONE could complete with Andy Rooney in his later years on 60 minutes. Those things could have been braided into corn rows!

1646960729620.png

I'm confused Ted. Is your mush-stash made up of long nose-hairs combed to look like a mush-stash, or is it a real mustache?
If they are seriously long nose hairs, well then, wire cutters fits in this thread.

Buy the way...who made you the nose-hair moderator?
Yer just jealous of my "extremely" good looks and pleasing personality..

Ride safe, Ted

Old gals in bikinis isn't high on my list of visual eye candy, but old guys?!? I can't stop throwing up in the back of my throat after that one. Ted + a post Brazilian = A sight I NEVER need to see! Stand by, I need to hit the bathroom on that thought....