• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Quantity of rear shock oil.

Jayfrog214

Bicycle
My rear shock has a leak. Bought one from Wizard and will change the oil as soon as I get it. The kit from murphs included an 8oz bottle of oil and they recommend measuring what comes out and that is what you put back. The problem is that it has been leaking so the amount is no longer accurate. The instructions say there should be about 7 ounces of oil but the tech pages on here say about 9½oz of oil. This is a 99 and the shock is off of a 2006. So, how much oil?

Jay

Have you received the shock from the Wizard? If not, wait until you get it, drain it (per Murph's instructions) and see how much drains out. Then put that much back in. :-[ There's no volumetric difference between a 1999 and a 2006.

If I remember correctly, I actually got more out of the shock than what was in the replacement bottle. :-\  I dumped the bottle in and all is good. :)