• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Re: Updated review of my Mountain Runner Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoupeja

BigK, well said...  I am definitely a late adopter and somewhat of a skeptic.  I've been reading the positive reviews of Steve's Mountain Runner flash for quite some time and finally decided to pull the trigger.  Steve turned around my ECU in a day which is greatly appreciated. Of course I should have done this over the winter when the bike was sitting covered in the garage. Oh well... I now have had some time to put some miles on the bike (a 2011 with around 26K miles).  My overall impression is the improvement in smoothness and the way it just pulls with authority in any gear.  I also noticed that I can get into 6th gear more often on my 26 mile commute on low speed roads here in Southwestern PA.  From a stop it seems like I am in 6th before I know what happened and am easily exceeding the absurdly low speed limits by 30 mph.  I really don't spend much time paying attention to fuel mileage so I can't comment.  Relative to value, for the money, you absolutely can't beat it.  I can't imagine the total development time Steve has invested in perfecting this flash.  As you stated, I was also wondering why I didn't do this sooner. One downside, at least for me, is that I am always going way too fast, even more so than pre-flash, and wondering why others are going so slow. The acceleration is so smooth and effortless I now come up on stops much faster.  Which reminds me, I need to check my front brake pads!

Status
Not open for further replies.