• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

rear tire versys 650 abs...recommendations

The best I've gotten was with AngelGT's, 6-6500 miles. I do use quite a bit of the engine while riding.

For comparison I get 4-4500 on 023 Bridgestones and about 3500 on Shinko 705 150x70, radial.

I've heard that going up one size on the Shinkos will bump mileage by about 50%.

Most folks get quite a bit more miles than I do out of a rear tire.

Next tires going on(shortly) are Dunlop RSIII. I ordered a 170x60 for the rear instead of the 160x60.

At this point I'm having an issue with spending what Michelin wants for a PR5. That could change.

The Shinkos were decent but not great on tarmac in the twisties but quite good off road. I really like the Angels and 023's for street riding.

JP said:
Thanks, good info will check them out.

Hiya Jim, just looked up who JP was in your profile.

As you tend to ride pretty easy you should get 25 to 50% more miles than I do. How you liking that green monster?

I am liking the green monster a lot, lot lighter but learning where the sweet spot is for riding and shifting. Feels easy from 3500 to 4000, have made few additions to it and learning much about it already. Although I am still in shock when I look in my shed and don't see the connie there, it was there for 16 years.

I got 10,000 miles out of the Pirelli Scopion Trail IIs that came on my Multistrada 950 but in my opinion it is a Sport Tour tire not a Dual Sport tire. But then it seems most people ride the DS or ADV bikes mostly on the street. When my Scorpions wore out I put on Shinko 705s a true DS tire that work as well on dirt or gravel as they do on the pavement (unlike the Scorpions). But the rear "only" lasted 6500.