• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Recommendations for good Kawasaki dealer - NYC area

chopper

Big Wheel
Without going into it, NYC has traditionally had some of the worst dealers in the country, across every manufacturer.  When I was riding Harleys it took me five years to find a shop I could trust.  Now that I'm new to Kawasakis I'm hoping I can avoid that trial by fire.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Kawasaki shops in the NYC area?  I don't mind (too much) traveling a few miles outside the city providing the shop can do the work while I wait. 

I just had my bike serviced where I purchased my C14 from. I too have been a Harley rider and never found the shop I liked in eight years. Jim the mechanic is really friendly he has a Conni also. I brought it in for the 500-1000 mile service. Also they mounted my Kawasaki GPS bracket and wired the electric for the GPS. That is the extent of my dealing with them so far. Kawasaki Yamaha Sport Center in Pompton Lakes NJ on Rt 23. So far I am very happy with them. They are 45 minutes from NYC, with no traffic.

JoeNJRider

+1 for Jim at Pompton Kawasaki,  He's done work on my old C-10 and always was very good with it.

I chose to do the 600 mile service myself as I couldn't stomach paying 300 bucks for an oil change front and reear and tightening some bolts.... :)  but when the time comes for valves I will take it to Jim :)