• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Removing lower fairings with canyon cages?

hammerash

So I'm taking off fairings for valve check. I have Canyon cages. Cut rear middle fairings to be able to remove without removing cages. But I can't get them out? Just can't rotate middle fairing to get it out past cages. On right i know have to remove lower to access timing marks. But with cages, the rubber on bottom of lowers is pretty wedged in. On right I ended up separating the rubber from plastic and leaving rubber in place to get lower off. Then with lower out i was able to get middle fairing off. Can't get left lower off. I haven't tried real hard to get rubber out cause worried i won't be able to get back in. Before going further i have questions. Can you get middle off without removing lower if have cages? What you all are doing to get lowers off if have cages? Separating rubber or pulling it out in tight space between cage, engine and frame?

I'm Pretty certain I've had to take lowers off, and then I've had to carefully move them around to a point where they slip right out the cut..

Yeah, once right lower was out, the rear middle came out easy. Rotated it clockwise, then up. Did you get lowers out with rubber? Or separate plastic from rubber and leave rubber wrapped around engine?