• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Revisiting Emulators

Confish86

Yea I know it's been discussed way back when, but after reading them , I'm a little confused at some answers. In one it says to drill the emulator from 2 hole to 4, ? Are you talking the actual emulator or the emulsion tube that the emulator sits on top of. Was thinking of cutting stock spring on my 03 4 1/2 inches & installing spacer & adding emulator. 

Thanks ,

I just put Race Tech springs and emulators in this winter. The emulators I received already had 4 holes drilled in them from the factory.  Each damping rod gets 2 more holes drilled all the way through. I included a picture of the damping rods modified and unmodified.

Attachments

• damping rods.jpg
    damping rods.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 137
  I did the emulators setup on my front forks many years ago and I got lucky!! I didn't screw it up.  :mad:  Really happy with the results on my '94!!  :)

The extra holes in the blow off plate are to aid low speed compression damping. because there's not real rebound damping (done by oil weight, around 30 wt) there needs to be a way to soften the low speed compression damping. High speed damping happens when the valve blows open. HTH, Steve

fish said:
Thanks , shame the pictures don't show up

If you click on the photobucket hosting place holder thing, it will take you to the photo...
Or you can download a patch for Chrome that allows the pics to shsow, but simply clicking the photo placeholder still works...