• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(RI) M&G Sat., 31 Aug. with ride to follow

B.D.F.

Last minute addition for those of us with some free time on Labor Day weekend, at least Saturday. Come join us for lunch at The Olde Theater Diner, followed by a ride to get ice cream in Salem, CT. Nice secondary roads through Arcadia. All the calories, salt and fat we growing COGgers need to stay healthy and get us ready for cardiac care somewhere in the future (NOTE: there is NO ice cream in the cardiac ICU so stock up now!).

Note that as a last minute event, I have limited participation to 473 so that we don't overload the restaurant.

Here is a link to the calendar page.

Brian

Where is everybody? Is no one going to sign up? It has been nearly two minutes and no takers? C'mon folks, better get in on this while there is still room!

Brian

Great Bill, looking forward to seeing you.

To the rest of you out there, first of all you missed your chance to be first to sign up for this event; that honor is now Bill's. Don't compound this error by waiting too long to sign up only to find out there are no slots left! Now that Bill has signed up, there are only 469 places left!

Brian

Wild_Bill said:
I'm in.
Any excuse for Ice cream, and they have some good ice cream.

Bill

You folks shouldn't wait until the last minute- only a couple of days to go and only a few... well, less than 500 slots left! It looks like the weather is going to be nice and I hear the restaurant has a fresh batch of hors Beef meat in so it should be a great COG day. And remember, the last one to sign up has to buy lunch for everybody (and I mean everyone in RI, not just the COG lunch) so don't dawdle too much.

Brian

Well no commitments, but I may try to take a run out. Not sure if it would be alone or not. But either way it "could" be in the cage for me, if I do make the trek. Not making excuses, but for me it may be the only feasible way without having to make it an overnight.  :))

Great Bob! I haven't made it out to Newburgh yet this year and it is not looking great for the next two months either.

The good news is that the ride afterwards is virtually due west so at least it is headed in the right direction for you, should you join the ride of course; secondary roads so we won't make nearly as much distance as you would on the highway.

The car works too- I've been doing a fair amount of 'driving a cage to a bike event' this year 'cause the heat has been a killer and I just do not like riding when it is too hot (above 85F for me). And anything approaching 100F is awful on a bike even at highway speeds, at least for me and Andrea.

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
Well no commitments, but I may try to take a run out. Not sure if it would be alone or not. But either way it "could" be in the cage for me, if I do make the trek. Not making excuses, but for me it may be the only feasible way without having to make it an overnight.  :))

So what's the weather suppose to be like in RI tomorrow? I'm showing late afternoon
showers way over here in Western Mass. I'd like to try and make this meet but I'm working
overnight tonight so I'm not sure what time I'll be home in the morning.

I'll sign up in the morning if I/we can make it.  :motonoises:

It was looking great but now it is showing a 30% chance of rain. Lunch is on no matter what the weather of course but I doubt we will be doing the ride if it is actively raining at the time. Unless someone (or more) really want to go and then Mr. Elkhoof and me will put on our gear (well, he actually rides naked 'cause he's tough) and go.

It would be great to see you folks if you can make it.

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
So what's the weather suppose to be like in RI tomorrow? I'm showing late afternoon
showers way over here in Western Mass. I'd like to try and make this meet but I'm working
overnight tonight so I'm not sure what time I'll be home in the morning.

I'll sign up in the morning if I/we can make it.  :motonoises:

Have to be at a bday bash in the Fall River Ma area at noon.  :mad: The stars aren't aligning correctly for a lot of the Cog functions. May have to start another M&G for later in September around my blackout date infested schedule. Can't make the NE Fall rally either :-[.

Wife and I will make it weather permitting......her first ride on my new used Connie.  With her and I that makes what 5 people coming??

Sher & I will be attending. We won't be on the bike  :motonoises:, I'm not in any shape to be a
responsible pilot after working all night so the cage it will be  :steeringwheel:

See you at lunch 

You had me at "lunch & ice cream" - but unfortunately we have an afternoon family commitment in NY and I can't manage to do both (although I would rather be with you folks and help celebrate BDF b-day)

I am also overtired this morning after a long week. So I felt it better to bow out instead of riding or even driving for 6 hours or more today. My apologies for not coming. But I hope there's a good turn out.

Gosh, thanks guys! I really appreciate it too because most people don't remember my birthday five months early (or are you seven months behind?)!

Not sure what happened here but I was born in the spring. And now some of you should add..... the spring of 1873 :)

Weather is looking good here at the moment. I will get my dentures, my cane, my corrective shoes, my walker and mosey over to the restaurant with my left directional flashing all the way in a little bit. Looking forward to seeing everybody.... well, as best as I can through the cataracts.

Brian

S Smith said:
You had me at "lunch & ice cream" - but unfortunately we have an afternoon family commitment in NY and I can't manage to do both (although I would rather be with you folks and help celebrate BDF b-day)

Bob_C_CT said:
Happy birthday BDF.

Turned out to be a great day and thanks to everyone that made it.

We had 7 for lunch, and 5 for the ride afterward. About four drops of rain and overcast skies otherwise it was a great day weather-wise also.

And after ice cream, we got a highway rabbit in the form of one o' dem long, low, Italian jobs with the horsey emblems and he seemed to be in a hurry. We frolicked all the way from New London to Coventry; I could tell how hard he was leaning on it by the growl of the exhaust. You will all be happy to note that from highway speeds and up that thing could not out- accelerate a C-14 two-up although he did make me downshift a few times. Andrea said "Kids!" :)

Brian

Wow,  GREAT TIME TODAY !!! Brian, Andrea, Bill, Pat, Sherrie showed us "newbies" a good time.
Thankfully...when I got home I was taking our stuff out of the trunk and I found my lost 'fob'! I wonder who put it in there...........Looking forward to the next M&G.

Thanks Neil & Sue, so glad you had such a good time.  It was a great day indeed and I'm happy to say you fit right in with the rest of us crazies for sure!  :rotflmao: Brian & I look forward to seeing you both again soon too! 
Thanks also Wild Bill & Pat & Sher for hanging out with us.  Now since I didn't take any pic's myself  :(,  I'm hoping Pat wants to share some of those he took today... 
And yes we did in fact get to play with a Ferrari on the ride home  :motonoises:  zoom zoom 
(I do so love our Connie) :)

Andrea 

Great. Wait until you hear 'The Cat Joke' (TM).

As an aside, glad you found the RF fob. I would be wary of leaving it anywhere on the bike though as it is likely that the KiPass ECU will respond to it when it is in the top box, meaning the bike is effectively unlocked all the time and only requires a push on the key to start it. And on a slightly different note, once you have that condition (RF fob w/in range), you cannot tell which fob is being authenticated when you hold an RFID fob against the ignition switch housing. The system takes a little getting used to but given a little time most everyone gets used to it and at least some of us find it to be a nice feature.

Brian

Neil said:
Wow,  GREAT TIME TODAY !!! Brian, Andrea, Bill, Pat, Sherrie showed us "newbies" a good time.
Thankfully...when I got home I was taking our stuff out of the trunk and I found my lost 'fob'! I wonder who put it in there...........Looking forward to the next M&G.

andreaF said:
Now since I didn't take any pic's myself  :(,  I'm hoping Pat wants to share some of those he took today...
Andrea 

I would love to share the few photos I took but my old computer isn't cooperating with the
photo hosting sites. I'll try to get something out here soon if I can.

Thanks for the nice time and it was great to see you all again and meet Neil & Sue. Looking forward
to the month of Sept. and all the COG events.

No sweat Bob- it is a long trip for lunch, especially so in questionable weather. It did not actually rain on us but there were a few drops twice along the ride so it got about as close as it possibly could get to actually raining.

The turnout was small but that is nice too because we had two new COG folk and it gives us a chance to introduce them slowly to COG; taking us all in one big chunk is probably a lot to ask. :)

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
I am also overtired this morning after a long week. So I felt it better to bow out instead of riding or even driving for 6 hours or more today. My apologies for not coming. But I hope there's a good turn out.

Thanks for the effort Pat. I know what you mean about balky picture hosting sites: Photobucket recently changed the entire interface as well as the way they present photos and it has been somewhat painful.

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
I would love to share the few photos I took but my old computer isn't cooperating with the
photo hosting sites. I'll try to get something out here soon if I can.

Thanks for the nice time and it was great to see you all again and meet Neil & Sue. Looking forward
to the month of Sept. and all the COG events.