• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride to 2014 National

silver wolf

My wife & I r all set for the National & plan on leavin on the Sat before to get there on Sun & I was wonder how many from the CT area will be ridin down as I figured she can follow the GPS to get there on her own & I want to put some miles on my new 2013 HD Fat Bob in Candy Orange that I got 2 weeks ago!!! :)

For those from the NE heading South towards the National..............

Joanne and I will most likely lay up in Roanoke Va. on Saturday night on our way to the National.

We'll stay at the Colony House Motor Lodge and Taxi into Downtown for dinner & drinks. We've stayed here before and are very happy with the facility and rates.
http://www.colonyhousemotorlodge.com/

Downtown Roanoke is VERY COOL, with several bars and eateries right in the center of town.

Will most likely run south to Floyd and pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway taking it to Boone before heading west into Johnson City.

All invited to join us.
Jason
COG 62

Jason sounds like a plan & maybe we'll get some other riders to join us & I may ride slow enough for the wife to keep up w/ me!!!  :))

In case some of you haven't been to the national registration page;

Camping:  Get the latest information about Camping at http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.  CampMeister Al Norcross is working to ensure a good rally experience for those COGers who choose to camp. Tent sites are offered at $15.00 per/night/site, and RV sites are $20.00 per/night/site. RV sites have water, sewage and electric included. The restrooms and shower facilities have been visited by a member of the rally team, and have been deemed clean and of sufficient numbers to take care of our group. Campers can expect; a morning coffee station with snacks, available bottled water for the days ride, a large common fire ring, and lots of firewood. A couple of photos of the camping area are on the rally registration page, and the sites look to be flat, grassy and spacious. All Tents and RV's will be in the same area, and the restrooms and showers do NOT include a long walk. Besides all of the things that we've come to expect as the basics for camping, we'll try to come up with a few surprises to enhance our camping experience. We've arranged a shuttle for the Thursday night banquet to get our riders to and from the dinner and awards. This is provided at no charge to either the members or to COG. Al's a complete camper, so you can trust he'll do everything possible to make this a great experience for all. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Al (IronButtAl on the forum) by way of a PM, or at his club email address > SEAD@cog-online.org <

Al the wife told me years ago she's all done w/ tentin & since then I've been sufferin in the hotel/motel rooms w/ her when we're on vaca  :great: & I still have some campin gear & I may just sell most of it since it doesn't get used much anymore although I have a small tent & I go campin a couple times a year & most of the gear I can live w/out & guess I should take pics of what I can sell today!!!  :)

I plan on leaving here from NE Pa on Friday sometime and plan on going down maybe the BRP and staying maybe until wed of the meet if anybody is interested in getting together drop me a line.

dimetraveler said:
I plan on leaving here from NE Pa on Friday sometime and plan on going down maybe the BRP and staying maybe until wed of the meet if anybody is interested in getting together drop me a line.

I'm not leaving until Sunday morning, otherwise I'd ride with you. Its only 5 hours for me, so will be there in plenty of time to register and volunteer to help.

gsjay said:

Joanne and I will most likely lay up in Roanoke Va. on Saturday night on our way to the National.

We'll stay at the Colony House Motor Lodge and Taxi into Downtown for dinner & drinks. We've stayed here before and are very happy with the facility and rates.

Downtown Roanoke is VERY COOL, with several bars and eateries right in the center of town.

Will most likely run south to Floyd and pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway taking it to Boone before heading west into Johnson City.

All invited to join us.
Jason
COG 62

That sounds pretty cool but Roanoke's a tidy run from up here.  All's I know is I locked on the vacation and I'm there!  YEAH BABY! :beerchug:

We're all set to ride down Tuesday if anyone else is coming down late. We will be leaving Long Island around 5:00 - 5:30 AM and will drive straight through.

Terrynyc said:
gsjay said:

All invited to join us.
Jason
COG 62

That sounds pretty cool but Roanoke's a tidy run from up here.  All's I know is I locked on the vacation and I'm there!  YEAH BABY! :beerchug:
Terry, You'd like downtown Roanoke!
Leave a day early, have a nice two day ride to Roanoke.
jason

Terry, You'd like downtown Roanoke!
Leave a day early, have a nice two day ride to Roanoke.
jason
[/quote]

I'm sure I would...but could I get up and ride the next day!  LOL ;)

gsjay said:

All invited to join us.
Jason
COG 62

Bump!
jason

VA group is having a Meet & Eat on the 14th at Macado's 142 E Main St Marion. Several of us will be spending the night in town and heading out, the long way to JC. Anyone interested the info is on the calendar. Dinner with beer  :beerchug: is at 6:00 PM