• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Riders Weekend, Staunton Va Nov 10.11.12

gsjay

Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
Howard Johnson Express, Staunton Va.
Book online or call the motel directly. No rooms blocked.
1 540 886 5330

Come join us for a fun weekend.
Jason
COG 32

gsjay said:
Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
1 540 886 5330

Jason
COG 32

Jason, WTF??

You trying to hijack the Brrr Ride being held that same w/e??

Not sure what you're endgame is, but think that's pretty low down.

connieklr said:
gsjay said:
Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
1 540 886 5330

Jason
COG 32

Jason, WTF??

Absolutely NOT.

I no longer want to camp in a tent or pay a ridiculous fee to sleep in a shed or flea bag motel so I have decided to do something different.
And I'm inviting anyone that would like to join me.

Jason
COG 32

:popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorn: :campfire: :banghead: :pokestick: :c029: :hum: :a102: :103: :a012: :hum: O:) O:) O:)

OMG...
I'm absolutly ...speachless...
:-\

:mad: :'(

gsjay said:
connieklr said:
gsjay said:
Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
1 540 886 5330

Jason
COG 32

Jason, WTF??

Absolutely NOT.

I no longer want to camp in a tent or pay a ridiculous fee to sleep in a shed or flea bag motel so I have decided to do something different.

Jason
COG 32

Oh, okay................  ::)

But, how could it not?

You've done some wonderful things with, and for the Group. However, IMHO, this is not one of them.

connieklr said:
gsjay said:
connieklr said:
gsjay said:
Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
1 540 886 5330

Jason
COG 32

Jason, WTF??

Absolutely NOT.

Jason
COG 32

But, how could it not?

You've done some wonderful things with, and for the Group. However, IMHO, this is not one of them.

Guy,
I disagree that is post is anything but good.
More options = more opportunities for members to ride.

Not everyone wants to do the Burr Ride (camp/cabin/bad motel) but the region is a great place to ride one's motorcycle in the fall.
So, why not share a different type event that might appeal to others?

I've been to many Burr Rides, loved it! Loved everyone (almost) that was there. But one's interests change as one gets older.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off.
I'm just going to Staunton the same weekend and I'm open to others joining me.

I know the Burr Ride means a lot to you as you started. I in no way mean to take away from that.

If you think I'm still out of line I'll find out how to delete the post.
Jason
COG 32

gsjay said:
connieklr said:
gsjay said:
connieklr said:
gsjay said:
Nov 10, 11, 12, 2017
Riders Weekend
1 540 886 5330

Jason
COG 32

Jason, WTF??

Absolutely NOT.

Jason
COG 32

But, how could it not?

Guy,
I disagree that is post is anything but good.
More options = more opportunities for members to ride.

Not everyone wants to do the Burr Ride (camp/cabin/bad motel) but the region is a great place to ride one's motorcycle in the fall.
So, why not share a different type event that might appeal to others?

I've been to many Burr Rides, loved it! Loved everyone (almost) that was there. But one's interests change as one gets older.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off.
I'm just going to Staunton the same weekend and I'm open to others joining me.

I know the Burr Ride means a lot to you as you started. I in no way mean to take away from that.

If you think I'm still out of line I'll find out how to delete the post.
Jason
COG 32

Jason,

Yeah, I did start it, but that's beside the point. I'm not going to sit here and have a hissy fit because some folks have decided to move on - in some respects, I have too.

You, obviously have every right to do what you're going to do, but given the close proximity to another COG event going on, I just think the timing was wrong........ and that's all I have to say about that.

Where ever folks wind up, I trust that everyone will ride safe.  :beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
:popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorn: :campfire: :banghead: :pokestick: :c029: :hum: :a102: :103: :a012: :hum: O:) O:) O:)

OMG...

Rich, Sorry for the Nothing Burger..................
See, reasonable adults can disagree and still act civil.
jason

gsjay said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

OMG...

Rich, Sorry for the Nothing Burger..................
See, reasonable adults can disagree and still act civil.
jason

Hey, no issue with me, you ought to know by now I just mess with everyone.. the older I get, the more I turn into Jerry Gower.. he ain't selective, he just lays the beatdown on everyone.. no special reason, just cause he's like that... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Its all good, no big deal, have a great ride and be safe, id still share a room with ya at any "flea bag" motel, or camper cabin, but I ain't sharing a tent with ya...
:rotflmao:

Spackler said:
I don't even see the Brrrrrr ride listed on here.

Look on the Event Calendar. Sign up if you want to go. Not every one of the 60-70+ NE events per year are discussed in a forum thread.

A significant concern I have heard from members over the years is not enough activities near them. IMHO considering the limited number of available weekends during the NE riding season it should be less about the number of attendees an activity can draw, and more about putting as many options out there as possible. The exception should be avoiding rally weekend conflicts within a region. Just my $0.02.

S Smith said:
Spackler said:
I don't even see the Brrrrrr ride listed on here.

Look on the Event Calendar. Sign up if you want to go. Not every one of the 60-70+ NE events per year are discussed in a forum thread.

A significant concern I have heard from members over the years is not enough activities near them. IMHO considering the limited number of available weekends during the NE riding season it should be less about the number of attendees an activity can draw, and more about putting as many options out there as possible. The exception should be avoiding rally weekend conflicts within a region. Just my $0.02.

I was going to suggest the calendar, but wasn't sure if a subscriber had access to it.

?????????