• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

secondary throttle removal

olfart

Scooter
what are the pros and cons to removing the secondary throttle butterflies,and how is it done???

Like most power plant mods its to get more better power. I wish I knew more. Fred does visit here once and a while and he would be the egg spurt on this maybe. Other ways ya might have to go visit zg/gtr forum, lots of threads there on it. I know that with the flies out and the power commander change it sounds like you get a scary strong bike. Not something I am really looking for. For me a stock 14 would be plenty. ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

There is a lot of infomration and details online regarding this proceedure. If you are an experienced rider (As we would hope, dropping $12+k down on a heavier and strong bike) You will find the 12#+ of extra low end torque most useful. It is still not clear why they added them for a shart drive sport tourer but for sure they will not be reinstalled for me.

There has been different reports about economy. For me, it seemed to improve maybe 2 mpg. My average is about 38 mpg in mixed driving. Highway is the same; about 42mpg (I'm at sealevel)