• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seems I'm missing a part - But cant find it on the diagrams

IamOvo

Big Wheel
It seems I lost a part last night on my ride home.  Being that its under my GPS, I really didnt notice that it was gone, until I realized something didnt look right:

Its the cap on the fork tube holder that resides in between the handlebar mounts: 

Does anyone know the Part Number for this cap?  I couldnt find it on the Parts Diagrams on the Kawi site:

Seen here in this image from the Hippo Hands site:
C14wmuffs_2.jpg

Are you talking about the center bolt for the upper triple clamp or the black plastic plug that goes in it? Several folks have had the whole center bolt come off after it wasn't properly tightened before delivery.

See attached. It's located in the FRAME section of the fiche.

These pn's are from the 2010 Fiche
92153  92153-0474 BOLT,26MM
92066 92066-0071  PLUG

Attachments

• TripleTree.jpg
    TripleTree.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 70
If the entire bolt is missing, I'd highly recommend not riding the bike until you get it replaced, since it holds the upper triple clamp in place. Without it, the only thing holding your handlebars on the bike are the fork pinch clamp bolts on the triple tree.

Fred - I found more answers (from you) in this thread....Thanks - My bike will be sitting until the parts come in...

thanks again for the direction and help.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,20700.msg76424.html#msg76424

Mine wasn't tight from new. I complained several times to the dealer that I had a small thump when I came to a hard stop. I thought the head bearings were loose. Come to find out that it's common that this bolt is not torqued to spec from the factory or dealer. I would ask it to be covered under warranty if I was you. If not, get a new one, use a little blue loc-tite, the proper tool, and torque to spec.