• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

setting sag

telejojo

Bicycle
I'm sure it's been on here before but does anybody have the sag measurements like empty without you on the bike and with you on the bike and what it should be ?

I have a link to a very nice article on suspension set up. Unfortunately it's on my home computer. I'll look later today when I get home and see if I can find it. Of course if someone comes up with the info first!  :)

SAG is set to different setting for everyone since we all weigh differently and ride differently. Generally speaking you want to set your SAG to be about 1/3 of your suspensions total travel distance. This is a good starting point for most people. Remember to sit on the bike in riding position and in all of your gear.

If you have a little time. Take a look through this. It may be some interesting reading for you and help answer some questions!

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp/index.html

And if your interested in Suspension upgrades:

http://www.racetech.com/page.aspx?id=30&menuid=93#6

sag thats funny my rear shock is all the way turned hard and the front forks are turned hard its stiff but handles the best set this way

I.ve had sportbikes set at the track but did'nt really know the measurements but I understand the precedure(spelling)take a measurment and then get on the bike and take another till you get what you want

I know this isn't right but I lowered my rear to 10 pounds just to get my 29" inseamed legs to where I could get my foot flat on ground. The bad part is I am a BIG guy and know I souls have the pressure much higher. Now that I have gained a touch of confidence with the feel of the bike I think I will start raising pressures until it feels best.

Teleskier said:
SAG is set to different setting for everyone since we all weigh differently and ride differently. Generally speaking you want to set your SAG to be about 1/3 of your suspensions total travel distance. This is a good starting point for most people. Remember to sit on the bike in riding position and in all of your gear.
What is the total susp. travel of the C14?

on this bike hahaha i just turned everything full hard and ride still it rolls good to soft and this beast is going to kill you in a turn full hard is the way to go