• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SF Bay Area/SAC Area Ride on Saturday, October 4?

Raybob

Bicycle
Greetings,

Anyone is interested in a ride on Saturday, October 4? I was looking at a run across the Sierra and back, assuming good weather. I'm completely flexible and open to other suggestions as well.

I was thinking of a Stockton meet-up, and then 88 to 89 to 395 to 108 back down to Stockton. Should be beautiful this time of year. Round trip from Stockton to Stockton is about 314 miles, Google says 6.5 hrs.

I am a careful and respectful rider. I got a performance award (70/55) within the past year so I can't afford another so close in time!

Thanks,

Raymond

Me and Capt. Marco. Gonna go stretch the legson his new wing. You looking for something to do? You home yet?

Buddy, this sounds like a good ride, and if I didn't have a house project I needed to get done on that day I'd definitely be there.  If you're meeting for breakfast I could show up just for that.  I'm just down the road in Manteca :)  There's a chance I'll be done by the 4th, but not likely.

BTW, let Buddy in Sac know so he can get it out on his mailing list  :great:

Hi Gary,

I hope you can make it. I will let the SACOG people know. I thought starting out of Stockton would be convenience for people in SF, SAC, as well as in the valley.

I'm fairly knew to the forum. I've had the bike a year now.

Take care, and good luck with the house.

Raymond

Buddy, Sonora pass (Hwy 108) is closed this weekend due to snow, so you may want to check later next week to see if it reopens.

Thank you, Gary. That's a little good news for our parched land. Let's hope we actually have a winter this year!

I rode through the Trinity Alps in late-January, not a flake on the road.