• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Should COG Forum Have A New Section For The H2 SX?

ConcoursKZ

Sport Tourer

Seeing as this is a new Sport Touring Bike from Kawasaki I think it should have its own section accept the new bike on this forum.

connie_rider said:
There is already a section to post discussion's about bikes other than the Concours.
  It can be posted in the section titled "Other Motorcycles"..

Ride safe, Ted

+1 :great:

It is by name, a NINJA,  so its classified. " other...", and can be discussed freely to suit.
Praising its virtues and price structure, here, kinda defeats the image we Concours owners have clearly supported as "our" namesake bikes homage to Kawsaki... Which in the end only strengthens any possible opinions for Kaw to shorten the lifespan of the bikes we own, and wish to keep seeing produced... albeit improved, but not dropped from the product line.
Same goes for the Vulcan, Kaws other touring specific kinda bike...
So they need their own specific forums, not lumped into one that has existed for 32 years..

I'm sure, if questioned, all the people that bought Voyagers, blame us for its short lived history, even tho in its own form it was a very specifically good bike, for its purpose.
Looking back in hindsight, we saw this when the C14 was introduced, and some derisive attitudes showed that when you bring in a completely new "baby", you bring in a different mindset, and have to deal with it. Slowely but surely the passion of the "original" Concours grew upon this group, and the "new model", but only because it still shared the name, and... the original was discontinued.

These are just my observations and opinions, after almost 15 years.
YMMV :great:

ConcoursKZ said:

Seeing as this is a new Sport Touring Bike from Kawasaki I think it should have its own section accept the new bike on this forum.

....that it would be seen as open mind  :))

It's Kawasaki.
It's a Sport Tourer.
It's based on a Ninja motor.
It has removable side bags.
I am sure some members will purchase one.
It might replace the Concours some day.
Older riders will buy them.
I would love to follow the model here.
I doubt the sales will be enough to have their own forum.
I cannot come up with a reason not to have a section.
We might get a few of them to the National.
The Owners will end up somewhere so why not here?
New blood is always good.
Nobody has welcomed the model yet.

But... but...... but wait.... wait, but.. but wait..... :rotflmao:

Yeah,
It's Kawasaki.  Yep, so is the KLR, and the Versys, and...
It's a Sport Tourer.  If its on the internet, it must be true...
It's based on a Ninja motor.  Every one of them has a badge on it saying NINJA...
It has removable side bags.  Only if you buy them, as they are an OPTION....
I am sure some members will purchase one. Sure, some will, the people with disposable incomes, wanting to dish out $20k + to be cool
It might replace the Concours some day.  Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of... and then, what becomes of The Concours Owners Group..?
Older riders will buy them.  Sure they will..seriously? And then add risers, pull back bars, lowering pegs, lowered suspension, and a seat?
I would love to follow the model here.  You can, just bookmark the "other bikes" section...
I doubt the sales will be enough to have their own forum.  There already is,
I cannot come up with a reason not to have a section.  Forced obsolesence, mistaken by Kaw as a lack of desire upon us, to keep the Concours
We might get a few of them to the National.  What bikes don't /haven't been seen at a national?
The Owners will end up somewhere so why not here?  Is that really desireable?
New blood is always good.  So are people willing to pop for a membership,
Nobody has welcomed the model yet. sure they did, you did.. thanks,

Just messin with ya, so don't get all upset now. ;) :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises:
Its an all new toy, so let's see how long it takes for the powerhouse to be proven, and how many $4k superchargers get covered under warranties... then we can discuss its virtues as a sport Touring bike.

Peace, ride safe.

I hear what you're saying. Not sure I agree with it. I did notice that the last Concours  National I went to if you were quiet you could hear the arteries hardening.

ConcoursKZ said:
I hear what you're saying. Not sure I agree with it. I did notice that the last Concours  National I went to if you were quiet you could hear the arteries hardening.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'm hearing what you are saying, a few years ago I could say the same thing, but you are right about at that point where the mindset begins to change... in another 6 years, those sounds may be heard by those around you... :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises:

I won't hear them tho, in 6 more years I won't hear anything.... :rotflmao:
I practice it daily, with my wife, its called "selective hearing"...
:)) :))

ConcoursKZ said:
It's Kawasaki.
It's a Sport Tourer.
It's based on a Ninja motor.
It has removable side bags.
I am sure some members will purchase one.
It might replace the Concours some day.
Older riders will buy them.
I would love to follow the model here.
I doubt the sales will be enough to have their own forum.
I cannot come up with a reason not to have a section.
We might get a few of them to the National.
The Owners will end up somewhere so why not here?
New blood is always good.
Nobody has welcomed the model yet.

I like your points made.  A folder in the "Other Motorcycles" section would be a good move.  I know there are other Kawasaki's with bags but I think that model most closely resembles a C14.  Just my opinion.

Speaking as a COG Member, I'll take a stab at this.

This is the Concours Owners Group Forum, the only bike's we have a special section for "is the Concours".
"All" other bikes go into the "Other Motorcycles" section..

Explanation;
  There are many other bikes out there that someone would want COG to make a folder made for.
  We simply can't make a special folder for every bike.
    This is not done to demean the other bikes.
    It is done because; we can't have a special section for every bike that comes along,
                                and because this is the Concours Forum, not a H2 SX {list others) Forum...

I'll also mention that there is already a place to talk about the H2 SX, in the Other Bikes Section.
Here again, is that H2 SX discussion.
    http://forum.cog-online.org/other-motorcycles/h2-sx-se-first-ride-review-on-motorcycle-com/

Go there; and you'll note that there are currently only 6 posts on it. {Not much interest?}
While there, post whatever you want on that discussion, or you have the right to start another.
          I'm sure folks will be interested...

NOTE: When/if the C-14 Concours is replaced with the "H2 SX Concours",, I'm certain the COGdom will give it a section...  :)

Ride safe, Ted

When and if?

You can have my Connie when you can pry my cold dead fingers off the bars.... ( done in my best Charlton Heston voice...)

:)) :)) :)) :))

Live long and prosper...
Nanoo. Nanoo...
LSMFT
Some objects in mirrors appear.. etc.,

No assembly required, batteries NOT included.... safe for children over 4 years old...

:rotflmao:

"Live long and prosper...Nanoo. Nanoo...LSMFTSome objects in mirrors appear.. etc.,"

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]No, no, no! Objects in mirrors are
loosing[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]. It's only in your mind that "Things" appear........larger! [/font] :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: [/font]

connie_rider said:
Speaking as a COG Member, I'll take a stab at this.

This is the Concours Owners Group Forum, the only bike's we have a special section for "is the Concours".
"All" other bikes go into the "Other Motorcycles" section..

Explanation;
  There are many other bikes out there that someone would want COG to make a folder made for.
  We simply can't make a special folder for every bike.
    This is not done to demean the other bikes.
    It is done because; we can't have a special section for every bike that comes along,
                                and because this is the Concours Forum, not a H2 SX {list others) Forum...

I'll also mention that there is already a place to talk about the H2 SX, in the Other Bikes Section.
Here again, is that H2 SX discussion.
    http://forum.cog-online.org/other-motorcycles/h2-sx-se-first-ride-review-on-motorcycle-com/

Go there; and you'll note that there are currently only 6 posts on it. {Not much interest?}
While there, post whatever you want on that discussion, or you have the right to start another.
          I'm sure folks will be interested...

NOTE: When/if the C-14 Concours is replaced with the "H2 SX Concours",, I'm certain the COGdom will give it a section...  :)

Ride safe, Ted

A chain driven Concours??  Tell me its a bad dream...  :??:

Ya'll are reading a bit too much into my note.
I was mostly joking, but was thinking more like; when they put a 1400 cc  H2 SX engine into the Concours....  >:D
Then we might have the C-10, the C-14, and the C-H2SX    ;)

Ride safe, Ted