The Sierra Sidewinder (previously known as High Sierra Sampler) is set for Friday, Oct. 15 through Sunday, Oct. 17 and this year will be using a rolling rally format with each night having us at a new location on either side of the Sierra Nevada. This year's trip will have us cresting 3 incredible Sierra passes (with a combined elevation of 26,674 feet) and taking in some epic roads through mountains, forests and volcanic calderas.
Discounted rooms are being held at our two overnight stops -- be sure to tell them you're with COG -- , so book them now (unreserved rooms will be released back to the motels in mid-Sept.) Details are on the events page, where you can also RSVP for the event.
Highlight of the planned route include:
- Warm up ride on The Little Dragon from Mariposa into Jamestown.
- Highway 108 over Sonora Pass (2nd highest in the Sierra Nevada, then down through Devil's Gate Pass.
- June Lake Loop
- Long Valley Caldera past Lake Crowley and Mono Lake
- Dinner and microbrews at Mountain View Barbeque in Walker
- Monitor Pass (8,314 feet) and Ebbett's Pass, with a breakfast stop at the Out West Cafe in Markleeville in between.
Questions - Check the events page!