• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Fling 2018 Wellsboro, PA

gsjay

Save the date......................

May 17 - 20, 2018

Information, registration and lodging info coming soon.

Jason
COG 32

Excellent, after 12+ years in COG, Tracey and I still haven't made it to a COG rally in Wellsboro.  This is our chance!
Thanks Jason.

Greg Habel said:
Excellent, after 12+ years in COG, Tracey and I still haven't made it to a COG rally in Wellsboro.  This is our chance!
Thanks Jason.

It's a neat place; one that I really like and enjoy. But, as the wet pavement suggests, bring rain gear.  :D

IMG_0201-M.jpg

The first event I ever did in Wellsboro almost didn't happen...............90? 91?

The then owner of the Sherwood was hesitant to give me a block of rooms for my motorcycle gang!

When the event was over she to me "you and your friends can come back here anytime" She went on to say that when it rains, all the golf groups do is bitch and moan, get drunk and trash the rooms.

She said "your friend put on their rain suits and we riding"!

Jason

Always a good time in Wellsboro!  Maybe this time I'll actually see the canyon. ;)
Cold one of your choice Jay! :beerchug:
I'll try to stay on the road, too! :))

Wellsboro is one of my favorite rally spots that I have been. I just might have to attend this one.  :beerchug:

There will also be a good many BMW Riders from the Toronto BMW Club in town the same weekend...........staying at the Lodge.

Would anyone have interest in trying to organize a joint event with them?
(I might have the city park reserved already for an event)

Rumble? Bike Show? Tug of War? Drag Races?
I have their contact info.

Open for suggestions and constructive comments.

Jason
COG 32

gsjay said:
There will also be a good many BMW Riders from the Toronto BMW Club in town the same weekend...........staying at the Lodge.

Would anyone have interest in trying to organize a joint event with them?
(I might have the city park reserved already for an event)

Rumble? Bike Show? Tug of War? Drag Races?
I have their contact info.

Open for suggestions and constructive comments.

Jason
COG 32

Any thoughts? Ideas?
Jason

https://scenicbyways.info/state/PA.html

Have any of you ridden these roads near Wellsoboro?
Jason

Most but not all Jay. When I stayed at the Penn Wells Lodge this summer, they grinned at me at the desk and gave not one, but two motorcycle specific maps and said you are going to want to ride these roads.  It would take weeks to ride them all. :motonoises:

Devil Dog said:
dam Coop--2 bedroom suite---you navy guys live large!!!

Suites are Cheap in Wellsboro!
I have spoken to the motels in Wellsboro and there are very FEW rooms booked as of today...............................

BOOK THOSE ROOMS or sleep in the park with Winkin, Blinkin & Nod.
j

Damn straight Rick, we like our comfort!!  :)  I also got it with the thought that I could split the room with someone else and have a real nice setup for not many bucks.

Only 18 registered attendees so far.........................

Lets go folks it's time to register and BOOK THOSE ROOMS.

jason

Registered!  Just need to decide where to stay.  Where are all the cool kids stayin? :motonoises: :great:

Terrynyc said:
Registered!  Just need to decide where to stay.  Where are all the cool kids stayin? :motonoises: :great:

Sherwood is Home Base.
Penn Wells is just across the parking lot.
Canyon is the Bargain w/indoor pool a short walk away.
jason
cog 32

gsjay said:
Terrynyc said:

Sherwood is Home Base.
Penn Wells is just across the parking lot.
Canyon is the Bargain w/indoor pool a short walk away.
jason
cog 32

An additional block of rooms has become available at the Penn Wells Lodge........................
BOOK THOSE ROOMS>
jason

Just made a reservation but turned out it was at the Sherwood Hotel??? Rates were high(er)  :-[
So,...is it the Sherwood Motel that's COG Central? 

I had made reservations at the Penn Wells since that has been rally central for most recent past events. Besides they already had me in the computer.  ;D  So since the cool kids have moved across the parking lot, us outcasts will be with the other uncool kids at the Penn Wells.  :))

I did not register for the rally yet on COGMOS since as of yet, I'm not sure how many to register. So figure at least one more or that list, probably more. I have some time for that.

Cap'n Bob said:
I had made reservations at the Penn Wells since that has been rally central for most recent past events. Besides they already had me in the computer.  ;D  So since the cool kids have moved across the parking lot, us outcasts will be with the other uncool kids at the Penn Wells.  :))

I did not register for the rally yet on COGMOS since as of yet, I'm not sure how many to register. So figure at least one more or that list, probably more. I have some time for that.

We picked the Sherwood as home base before the EXTRA block of rooms became avaliable the Penn Wells Lodge............
They are right next to each other, across the parking lot.
Until it's all done we might be doing registration under the canopy at the Penn Wells.
Pick your lodging for the room/rate that suits you.
Everything will be close by.
jason
cog 32

Think of it like two hotels connected by some asphalt and a bunch of motorcycles  :motonoises:

Sherwood Motel Update: 1/28/18

I just got off the phone with the Sherwood Motel...........
they have 12 rooms left for the Fling.
1 570 724 3424

Lots of rooms at the Penn Wells 1 570 724 2111
and at the Canyon Motel 1 570 724 1681

BOOK THEM ROOMS!
jason

gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

We picked the Sherwood as home base before the EXTRA block of rooms became avaliable the Penn Wells Lodge............
Until it's all done we might be doing registration under the canopy at the Penn Wells.
jason
cog 32

Wow Jay. Maybe I took this wrong as maybe you took my post. I was just funning with Terry. Maybe the smile and laughing guys didn't appear.

Cap'n Bob said:
gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

jason
cog 32

Wow Jay. Maybe I took this wrong as maybe you took my post. I was just funning with Terry. Maybe the smile and laughing guys didn't appear.

No, I'm good...........didn't mean to come across otherwise! :)
jason

Cap'n Bob said:

I always liked staying in the hotel portion of the PW. Getting "home" from the bar downstairs was just an elevator ride away.  :beerchug:

Roomie and I have opted for the Sherwood this time around. Looking forward to it, and hope no overhang is needed for the registration table.

Just registered.  I'm planning on rooming with Pat & Sher.  My wife/co AAD Tracey won't be joining us (new job). 
My first time in Wellsboro and looking forward to it.

Ok Folks..............

only 36 registered for Spring Fling!

Daytona 500 is this weekend, which means Spring is just around the corner................

Register and BOOK THOSE ROOMS.

tks,
jason
COG 32

Ok I'm booked at the Sherwood. As of right now I believe it's just Jr and I going. After the winter I've had and the lack of riding in general lately I NEED TO RIDE!!!

Big jump in a day. 54 registered...............

When I look at the list of attendees I have to admit that there are more names on the list that I don't recognize than those that I do.

Would you think name badges w/lanyards is something we should do?

jason

Yes, good idea. And a new member welcoming team too.  Anybody that lurks on this site and is on the fence needs to be in Wellsboro. The roads and town are awesome.

I would like to attend. I am a LVAD, heart transplant candidate. I have a hard time walking distances. Where should I book a room so I can be close as possible to the event happenings ?  Thank you very much. MrMatt

MrMatt said:
I would like to attend. I am a LVAD, heart transplant candidate. I have a hard time walking distances. Where should I book a room so I can be close as possible to the event happenings ?  Thank you very much. MrMatt

I'd say book at the Sherwood..............
We can get you a ride in a car to the banquet location.
jason

gsjay said:

When I look at the list of attendees I have to admit that there are more names on the list that I don't recognize than those that I do.

jason

It's going to jump a bit more too... As of now Jr isn't registered and pretty sure my better half and my 10 year old are making this one too.

jason

Would be cool to have the persons "forum handle" on there too.

I'm considering the possibility of maybe thinking of trying to make this event since I have some good memories of my past times in Wellsboro and some other times I don't remember that I've been told about. ;D

Registered for the rallye. Room booked at the Sherwood. Membership renewed. PA, here I come!

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects again! Oh, and Terry, both Waynes, got the pub/micro-brewery list for that area?

Chris the Quebec guy

Maryann and I tried out the Wellsboro House Brewery last summer.  Not bad at all!  As I recall, they had a Milk Chocolate Stout that was very good.

Are you up for a stroll over there to see what they've been brewing?

:beerchug:

WG said:
Maryann and I tried out the Wellsboro House Brewery last summer.  Not bad at all!  As I recall, they had a Milk Chocolate Stout that was very good.

Do you even need to ask? Milk Chocolate Stout? I'm in!!!  :beerchug:

WG said:

Now that's a SILLY question!! :great: :beerchug:

gsjay said:
Milk Chocolate Stout

Can you put that on Cereal in the morning?????????

58 Registered!

jason

I wouldn't ... but it would go great with ice cream!

Registration is up to 60..................

Book those rooms and get your registration in!

Jason
cog 32

I started googling the area... How many paved roads are there in the PA Grand Canyon? Looks like an amazing place...

Comments?

Redlion61 said:
I started googling the area... How many paved roads are there in the PA Grand Canyon? Looks like an amazing place...

Comments?

I don't think there are any paved roads that go though the Canyon.

One road I recommend for everyone to ride is 414.
414 is south of Wellsboro in Morris PA at Rt. 287.
It runs along the Pine Creek and through the Pine Creek Gorge.
Beautiful any time of year.

jason

gsjay said:
Redlion61 said:

Comments?

jason

And the famous "Sammiches" at Slate Run... mmmmmm boy...

MAN OF BLUES said:
gsjay said:
Redlion61 said:

Comments?

jason

http://slaterun.com/

gsjay said:
I just saw a post on another list about this place in Galeton, Pa. Just west of Wellsboro on route 6.

https://www.facebook.com/Perma-Stone-Inn-179163715496483/

looks like we'll have to stop in and try the food. I'm hearing good things.

jason

Been there many times.....great burgers!! Quite a feat to eat the whole thing though, better off split one with somebody. Try the Log Cabin Inn for dinners. Probably need reservations. Another is the steakhouse right in Wellsboro. I have a few other places to try also.

gsjay said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
gsjay said:
Redlion61 said:

Comments?

True. On the east side there is a nice ride into Blackwell then on down to Slate Run. This is all paved, but not directly thru the canyon. On the west side you have the dirt roads. Just have to look for local maps to find the way. Great ride if your adventurous.

jason

http://slaterun.com/

UGH, wish I could make it. That's the same weekend as the annual Trout Tournament up there and my 27th anniversary. I'll be staying at the Colton Point motel, probably will see or hear you guys go by on Rt. 6.

So it's with great sadness I won't have my C14 with me at the Spring Fling... I'm forced to bring my stand in... Sniff Sniff... Join for the bike stay for the people!

Attachments

• IMG_0976a.jpg
    IMG_0976a.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0974a.jpg
    IMG_0974a.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 115
What’s that thing with the metal pins wrapped around your rear wheel hub?  :-\. Jk, can’t wait to see it.

4Bikes said:
What’s that thing with the metal pins wrapped around your rear wheel hub?  :-\. Jk, can’t wait to see it.

That's the easily adjustable thing you can add / remove a tooth for top end or low end :)

gsjay said:
Ok, back on topic...............

71 registered as of 3/30/18
29 slots still available for full registration...................

Room blocks held until Mid April so BOOK THOSE ROOMS!

And for a little entertainment.
http://www.wellsborohomepage.com/theres-a-new-hero-in-town/

jason

Well no demo ride for Jason :)

My 19 year old son is waiting for final confirmation on his time off from work and then he will register along with my 10 year old.

I thought motorcycles were on topic?  Bring them and some will ride them, some deserve extra attention.  :great:  Book those rooms!

KevinRLI said:
gsjay said:
Ok, back on topic...............

71 registered as of 3/30/18
29 slots still available for full registration...................

Room blocks held until Mid April so BOOK THOSE ROOMS!

And for a little entertainment.
http://www.wellsborohomepage.com/theres-a-new-hero-in-town/

jason

Well no demo ride for Jason :)

My 19 year old son is waiting for final confirmation on his time off from work and then he will register along with my 10 year old.

I am waiting to hear yours and Junior's review of the Versys 1000 Traveling to Wellsboro might be a bit quicker with that machine as opposed to the 650

Registration is up to 72.

Room blocks are held until middle of this month. BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
You can always cancel if your schedule changes.

Jerry Gowen is registered..........Damn, I won't be the lowest COG number! I see some other Long Timers signed up..............
John Larmon, John Lippy, Guy Young..............

We'll show you youngsters how to fall asleep after dinner on the stoop of the Motel!
Jason

KevinRLI said:
So it's with great sadness I won't have my C14 with me at the Spring Fling... I'm forced to bring my stand in... Sniff Sniff... Join for the bike stay for the people!

Great sadness, my A... You've been drooling about the H2 for the last few months.  Just try not to break the sound barrier with that thing!

:))

MOTEL UPDATE 4/4/2018

I've spoken to all three motel's that are listed on the event website.
All 3 still have rooms available!

The room blocks will be released April 15th.

I've said it before, BOOK YOUR ROOM and if for some reason you can't attend you can cancel!
Wellsboro always sells out of rooms. You won't get one at the last minute.

See you in Wellsboro!
Jason
COG 32

The way the weather is going up here, Wellsboro might end up being my first ride out!  :mad:

So damn cold this morning it's not even funny anymore! I look forward to spring-like weather!

Can't wait to see those Amish carriages again and enjoy the Pennsylvania roads!  :)

The Banquet Menu has been picked............

Chef-Carved Pork Loin with apple cider glaze
Chicken Feretti
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Parmesan Rissoto
Sautéed Green Beans
Dessert Table w/ Cheese Cake

Cash bar.
Cocktails at 6:30, dinner served 7:00
jason

gsjay said:
The Banquet Menu has been picked............

Chef-Carved Pork Loin with apple cider glaze
Chicken Feretti
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Parmesan Rissoto
Sautéed Green Beans
Dessert Table w/ Cheese Cake

Cash bar.
Cocktails at 6:30, dinner served 7:00
jason

Drooling already. Oh well...  :)