• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

stock heighth

postrucks

Moped
I'm looking to return my recent "new" C14 back to stock height and was wondering if someone could measure the center line of the back axel when the bike is level as in doing a oil level check. I am waiting on new stock links for the back end but wanted to know how much the back has been dropped with the muzzy lowering links. thanks, Jim

That will be different depending on the amount of tire wear. Just a thought, but there is a slight differance in height because of tires size and wear.  ;)

You need to measure from the swingarm pivot not the rear axle. The rear axle height doesn't change with links, only with tire choice. I can measure mine when I get home if you like.

Kinetic 1, thanks but the stock links I bought off ebay came in today so I was able to use them to put it back to stock. I'm happy to report that the handling is just as good back at stock height as it was 1.5" lower. So this bike handles so much better than the previous one, making me think it is tires. It has a PR2 on the front and a PR3 on the back. The old bike had a Dunlop Q2 on the front and a Continennal Conti-motion on the back.

Just a follow up on handling. After setting bike back to stock height I notice no change in handling, so I think its just the tires. So the black 09 with PR2 (front), PR3 (back)handles significantly better than the red 09 Dunlop Q2 (front), ContiMotion (back).