• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sturgis this week?

So did you make it to Sturgis, Pat?

Got any good stories?!

Plan on going next year...the 75th anniversary.

:motonoises:  :great:

I had never been but teamed up with 3 guys leaving Cheyenne. One had been 35 times! North of Lusk at the rest stop I told them that this rain storm coming in I was going to suit up as soon as the temp dropped. I stopped, they did not and 5 mins later it was coming down in sheets. The temp dropped from 28c to 12c yet there were still guys riding ape hanger choppers with no rain gear and ball caps. Must be nuts. Indian's new showroom was packed and they had the new Scout on show. Nice looking bike. Certainly the quality is streets ahead of the harley sports from an engineering point of view. But then again so is the Yamaha. Tried disguising my bike with Harley stickers but that did not wash!

Connie was brilliant in the rain! Anyhow Sturgis was what I guess I expected. 10 million Harleys and half dozen others so really nothing to see except the bare breasted ladies. I am told this practice started when Sturgis did some 40+ years ago. Good to see these same ladies keeping it up! I found a site to put down my tent for the night $33+tax. Went to the museum which was good. There was a Matchless with sidecar which I could swear was the one my neighbor had back in 1957 in London. The husband would drive wearing his flat cap and goggles and the wife would ride on the back with both boys in the sidecar, unless it was raining then the wife would ride in the sidecar front seat. I then headed for Mount Rushmore. Saw 1 other C14 and the nice patrolman was having a meet with him. Rode back in searing heat. Quite fancy the Alaska highway next year!