• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The 25th annual Run With the Wolf is on the calendar

COGnosticator

REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 29

You can still register at the rally but no supper on Saturday will be guaranteed if you register after August 22

Only 30 people have registered,  :-\

pslshawn

Street Cruiser
COGnosticator said:
REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 22

You can still register at the rally but no supper on Saturday will be guaranteed if you register after August 22

Make that 31, just registered. :)

Will be ordering shirts today.

SteveJ

COGnosticator said:
Just to let everyone know, you will get a 3" diameter sticker with the RWTW logo when you get to the rally  :)

I assume it will not clash with my collection of brew pub stickers on the Versys, right?  :beerchug:

COGnosticator

SteveJ. said:
COGnosticator said:
Just to let everyone know, you will get a 3" diameter sticker with the RWTW logo when you get to the rally  :)

I assume it will not clash with my collection of brew pub stickers on the Versys, right?  :beerchug:

No, but your brew pub stickers might clash with the COG sticker  :nananana:

ghostrider990

Crotch Rocket
Forum Subscriber
I really wanted to make this again this year, but sadly - I have other commitments the same weekend in Asheville, NC.

ya'll be safe, and don't let what's his face (you know who) burn the campground down!!

Also, keep Marty from dishing out that crazy moonshine of his!!  :eek:

Ride on Bro's.

gr

bobbycdefg

Hi All,

I'm all signed up and shirts ordered.  I'm finally ready to start attending my favorite rallies again after a long torturous house build.  :motonoises:

I'm looking forward to good times around the fire and long twisty rides on my favorite roads.  Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones.

Bobby

motocommuter

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Hi All,

I'm all signed up and shirts ordered.  I'm finally ready to start attending my favorite rallies again after a long torturous house build.  :motonoises:  That being said, as always, I waited until the last minute to try to find a place to stay. Fortunately I lucked into renting a house near High Valley Resort.  If you've never been in the area before, that is just under a mile away from TWOS up 180.  It has 3 bedrooms/2 baths.  So i have room for at least 2 other riders and possibly more if I have some couples in need of a room... or a couple of guys wanting to share a bed.  :-X  It advertised for $65 per night but after local fees, taxes and cleaning fees right now I'm paying $108/night.  But that will be split 2 or 3 (or more) ways depending on how many folks want to join me.  I'll be there Thur thru Sun. So if you decide to join me, worst case it will cost you $58 per night and best case it could be $36 per night or less.

I'm looking forward to good times around the fire and long twisty rides on my favorite roads.  Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones.

Bobby

It’s been awhile Bobby, be good to see ya.

The Sticker has returned! My windshield was starting to look sort of empty. See you there! :beerchug:

funsize

COGnosticator said:
REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 22

Jorge and I are all registered.  We're so looking forward to this.

Irene

who me?

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber
New shoes and wheel bearings ordered for The Mule
Ill be ready :motonoises:

motocommuter

Just saw on the local news that Helen has a new Alpine Coaster: https://georgiamountaincoaster.com

Might be something to do if your heading to Helen for lunch.

reid53

MotoCommuter said:
Just saw on the local news that Helen has a new Alpine Coaster: https://georgiamountaincoaster.com

Absolutely!!

COGnosticator

Reid was telling me about a go kart track outside of Dawsonville GA where you can get up to 55 mph

https://atlantamotorsportspark.com/karting/

Pittsburgh Clem

COGnosticator said:
Reid was telling me about a go kart track outside of Dawsonville GA where you can get up to 55 mph

We should go as a drunk  scratch that  happy Cog group drive

COGnosticator

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:

I could see a large group of us going and getting in the carts ATTGATT  ;D  Freak out the guys running the place

Pittsburgh Clem

COGnosticator said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:

I could see a large group of us going and getting in the carts ATTGATT  ;D  Freak out the guys running the place

O  so we shall  That would be a memory keeper for sure.  If ya aint trading paint ya aint driving

COGnosticator

61 registered as of today, 10 more days and registration closes.

You can register at the rally but you probably won't get fed Saturday night as I have to turn in the numbers on the 30th

Y'all know anybody on the fence, push them off  :D

Grasshopper

MotoCommuter said:

Looked at the pics of the kids in the link, those are the faces I make in the mountain curves!  :-\

millerized

Crotch Rocket
2 days on 2 wheels...looks like I need to change the oil and make sure the trailer is 'right'.
Yeah...finally...I've decided to make the trip on 2 wheels.  Actually 4, since the trailer has 2.
That means I also need to find room for 5gal of liquid, a CO2 tank, regulator, hoses...sheesh...might be better to take 4 the hard way. Of course, there was this really nice cider press at the one antique dealer...wonder if it's still there?

Thumperdumper

Newest Habitat score.
Cordless, rechargeable, mini BLENDER.
$10

Update RWTW list,

1 Gal Dark Myers Rum
3 Lbs fresh strawberries
5 lbs ice
inflatable floaty chair
Band aids.

Field testing Redline, top speed, range
and recharge time this Weekend @ BRMC.

mcfly

Well,  I’m out.  Had a little AFIB RVR attack at work a couple of
weeks ago at work, which led to an ambulance ride, and an overnight
hospital stay (1st time ever).  As the probable cause was heat/low electrolyte
related, my doctor has told me an 11 hour day in the heat (there and back)
might not be good while I’m on a beta blocker...  Effin’ doctors...

No AFIB since, and all tests show a healthy heart, but for safety’s
sake I’ll take the bench.  :'(

SteveJ

Mcfly said:

I'm thinkin' this is from switching to a Bike Made Weird.

Thought about getting set up to trailer the bike? Not that I would do anything like that.  :rotflmao:

Take care of yourself. Skol. :beerchug:

mcfly

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

I'm thinkin' this is from switching to a Bike Made Weird.

Thought about getting set up to trailer the bike? Not that I would do anything like that.  :rotflmao:

Take care of yourself. Skol. :beerchug:

I would love to set up a trailer rig, BUT a one car garage and a 4th Reich HOA will
make keeping a trailer tricky.  There's a $1600 solution with a trailer/hitch that will
store small as well as do the job (70+mph). 

Anywho.... It's in the works, and I'll have the mula by the end of the year.

The Cardiologist is the REAL problem.  I'm on high blood pressure meds with normal
blood pressure...  The 29th I go back, and I'm getting off them.  Nausea all
day... I was getting vertigo from it too.  Ack.... 

I'm going for RTE with some BMW Folk tomorrow.  Clear my head.  :banghead:

COGnosticator

Mcfly said:

Come up in the car, we dn't care.  Get well soon

mcfly

COGnosticator said:
Mcfly said:

Come up in the car, we dn't care.  Get well soon

I care....  I wanna ride.  :mad:

Ranger Jim

What Lane has is the (no longer in production) Trailer-in-a-bag.  Keep a regular watch on Craigslist and/or eBay and you might find one. I managed to locate one and it's currently taking up a very small area in the corner of my garage. BTW, the Trailer-in-a-bag can carry up to 1200lbs. :-\

mcfly

Jim, Stinger still makes the Trailer in a Bag.  $1499, it’s on their website.

Craigslist has a listing for a Stinger folding trailer for $750.
Says it’s almost new.  Might take a look at that.  They’re highway rated,
and they made the “trailer in a bag”.  For almost 1/3 the price,
it may be worth a look. 

I’ve seen Kendon folders for about $1500 too.  Great trailers, just pricey.

A big concern is maximum safe operating speed.  Cheaper trailers
are rated 45-55 mph...  :(

Ranger Jim

I'd say that unless you're planning operating at triple-digit speeds for the entire trip you'd be fine.  Just make sure the trailer tire pressures are good before you start and you might want to check the trailer bearings.

AlwysYng

Moped
Marty, I would rethink about not coming. Do what I do and leave after lunch Wednesday and only go 1/2 to 2/3 the way up on the back roads taking my time and stay overnight at a cheap hotel. Much easier on the body. I've done the single day ride before and it's a long hot day. I usually get there around noon the next day. Then you can relax and take your time setting up camp and still have time to get in a good smaller ride or short nap. I've been on the high BP meds as well for several years now. Borderline needing them but the damn doctor won't let me stop. CYA mode. If you decide not to, then take care until the next time.

millerized

Crotch Rocket
COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:
Ranger Jim was trying to unload a folding, one bike trailer a while back.

I wonder if it has  ever been stuck in a field  :D
Sure glad I didn't have to ask this question.

(oh, and afib….Vitamin B1 (aka benfotiamine, not thiamine mononitrate) got rid of mine. 1-250mg caplet every week...I haven't had an issue with it in over 10yrs. I forget the pill for a month, I can feel it start again, so one pill does it for me. Of course, I also dropped +20#, got a divorce, changed my diet and cold turkey'd both the beta blocker and the cholesterol meds. IANAD)

mcfly

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:
Ranger Jim was trying to unload a folding, one bike trailer a while back.

I wonder if it has  ever been stuck in a field  :D
Sure glad I didn't have to ask this question.

(oh, and afib….Vitamin B1 (aka benfotiamine, not thiamine mononitrate) got rid of mine. 1-250mg caplet every week...I haven't had an issue with it in over 10yrs. I forget the pill for a month, I can feel it start again, so one pill does it for me. Of course, I also dropped +20#, got a divorce, changed my diet and cold turkey'd both the beta blocker and the cholesterol meds. IANAD)

Appreciate the input.  I'm pretty sure this is stress induced (physical stress) as the episodes happen when I go
from hot, humid outside into cold A/C.  I'm going to try Vitamin B1, Omega 3 and CoQ10.  Beta blockers suck.

millerized

Crotch Rocket
One word: Dorian.

Raft with the Wolf anyone?

(LOL...just kidding...I hope!)

pslshawn

Street Cruiser
COGnosticator said:
millerized said:

I am keeping an eye on that muther, stay the hell away from Savannah please  :mad:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-ne-tropical-storm-dorian-hurricane-puerto-rico-florida-20190826-7vy52w2evrdphg4esclnsiv2c4-story.html

You are in the cone Jerry, but the treasure coast (me) is the center of the cone.  if it tracks a little further west, Hispaniola will really help break it up, but they are saying the cone (in the link) is gonna be pretty accurate.  Rainy Labor Day weekend here for sure.  Where will it go then, hopefully not to suches? :-\ 

SteveJ

Eddie-FL said:
millerized said:

No rain, no rain, no rain... Everyone repeat after me!

This Dorian thing is messing with my planning. I tentatively was planning Sun or Tue departure. It now looks like Wed, hopefully. It's early yet but they seem to have a pretty good lock on this storm 2-3 days out.

We shall see what we see.

millerized

Crotch Rocket
I'm hoping for this one....Skirts the state, makes the weekend perfect for us.
But then I remember what my nickname is, what RWTW REALLY stands for...and my track record for bring nice weather to the event.
At least I'll have 5 brand new dry RWTW rally shirts to wear in the tent.
(And remind Norman to bring a dry towel)

Attachments

• gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 9
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 8
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 9
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 10

SteveJ

I checked my route coming up and it still looks OK for Tues departure but it's getting dicey depending on the track and area coverage.