• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Thinking of upgrading

Motorcyclerider

I’ve been riding a c10. Looking and seeing some c14’s under $3,000. But higher mileage. How long do these bikes last? Is 80k too many miles? I know the c10’s lasted forever. Pretty sure mines rolled the idk with 140k

Several members have gone over 200k... yes your reading that correctly...200,000 miles.

The first gen 2008, and 2009 have a reputation of getting the rider warm. Some say yes, some say no. So if u live south where it's hot....
They changed the air management bodywork in 2010 so the heats redirected away from the rider. Infer what you will..

The windscreen changed in 2015 thru current model. Again some folks like it some don't.

Major gripes are valve adjustments. Shim under bucket so u have to remove cams. But the worst part is taking off all the body work to do it. Generally have to do them around every 30k give or take (follow the service schedule).
Replacing or cleaning the air filter. Also have to remove some plastic to get to it.

Lots of ways to make the bike comfortable to your body.and style of riding.

Several members have gone over 200k... yes your reading that correctly...200,000 miles.

The first gen 2008, and 2009 have a reputation of getting the rider warm. Some say yes, some say no. So if u live south where it's hot....
They changed the air management bodywork in 2010 so the heats redirected away from the rider. Infer what you will..

The windscreen changed in 2015 thru current model. Again some folks like it some don't.

Major gripes are valve adjustments. Shim under bucket so u have to remove cams. But the worst part is taking off all the body work to do it. Generally have to do them around every 30k give or take (follow the service schedule).
Replacing or cleaning the air filter. Also have to remove some plastic to get to it.

Lots of ways to make the bike comfortable to your body.and style of riding.
I found an 80k 08 for under $3k. Thinking about getting one of these and dumping my blackbird. Probably wouldn’t make sense to get rid of the c10’s especially the I modded the shit out of since they don’t command much money at all. I’m in the northeast and rode my c10 straight through the winter. So heat is good.

I’ve been riding a c10. Looking and seeing some c14’s under $3,000. But higher mileage. How long do these bikes last? Is 80k too many miles? I know the c10’s lasted forever. Pretty sure mines rolled the idk with 140k
80K miles - just broke in… maybe…

Taken care of machine (doesn’t mean babied either) will last >200,000 miles easily.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

This bike is in Wisconsin, definitely worth a look and looks to be well below value at this point.

80K miles - just broke in… maybe…

Taken care of machine (doesn’t mean babied either) will last >200,000 miles easily.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
I would not be scared of the miles unless the maintenance has not been kept up. Valve adjustments, Fluids been flushed a few times, front shocks not leaking, etc.. Does it have ABS? Mine does and I like it some do not. If it has been well maintained there is a lot of miles to go! 200k+And that is a good price!

Consider looking for a 2010 or later. One of the big gripes with previous years was engine heat exiting the fairing to the shin area was pretty bad. Kawasaki redesigned the lower fairing in 2010 to fix this. They also added heated grips. One of my biggest complaints with the bike is the lack of cruise control and maintenance (valve adjustments, spark plugs, throttle body synch's) are a bit of a nightmare.