• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tim doing ok?

Tim R

Staff member
Well.. I got informed this morning everything is off until further notice due to Covid. While I appreciate the concern. I think It's petty cruel to tell a guy they are going to cut him open. start preparing with Doctors orders and taking care of last minute personnel details only to be told it's called off. I had another Doc appointment we cancelled which is hard to get into. Oh well it was just my foot doctor. Grrrr.

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
!@#&!@#$&#! SARS-CoV-2 !!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you can reschedule soon. We agree with others in prayer for your full recovery IJN.

Tim R

Staff member
!@#&!@#$&#! SARS-CoV-2 !!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you can reschedule soon. We agree with others in prayer for your full recovery IJN.
Thanks! I'm hoping something is done son but an EMT friend told me the ICU's are full of covid patents in the hospital I would be going to. I would rather stay away then.

Tim R

Staff member
Well got a phone call. Covid test #12 in the morning for Surgery on this coming Thursday. Scary!!!! But needs to get done so I can get rid of this stupid bag and poop like normal people when ever reversal happens.

Tim R

Staff member
The bag could be an advantage for some of the Iron Butt rides.

Chris
Probably not. Upper intestine lets food and liquids go through pretty fast. I have to empty the bag 5-6 times a day. Lower intestine draws liquid out and finishes processing the food. I have to be aware if liquid loss. If I don't BP goes way down and I get dizzy. If the unfinished food has too much water in it I have o take some medications to slow that down.

Tim R

Staff member
Good luck on Thursday! Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Keep Strong!
Thanks, but wouldn't you know called off once again. Probably won't happen till after Christmas now. They ran suddenly ran out of ICU beds. But that is OK. I'm going to get ready for a cowboy silhouette match with my new to me Win 1894 built in 1909 in 38 55 this weekend. I really lucked into this rifle. 26 inch octagon barrel with a bright and shiny bore. Gun smith said he didn't think it had been shoot much but carried. Weak blue on the receiver. :)

Tim R

Staff member
Tim,
Gave an update to Bob Rainey over the phone as he asked about you.
Thanks. One thing I like about this group is we do care for each other. BTW Bob sent me a card/letter which I thought was touching. Also got one from Nancy who is the National Treasurer which made my day too.

I will make it through all this. Got things to do. Might even have to get the old truck running.

connie_rider

Your not forgotten Buddy. Still in our thoughts.

Let us know how we can help out.
If all else fails,, a little comic relief is always available.

Ride safe, Ted

Tim R

Staff member
Found out today the tentative schedule for by pass surgery is Jan 20th. Not holding my breath. :confused:

Tim R

Staff member
Yup. #14. I'll test negative like the other 13 times and then will get called off again.

Tim R

Staff member
The interesting thing for me at the this time, is weight loss. I eat well but continue to lose weight. For many this would be a great thing. And for awhile it was for me too. But now I am approaching the rider weight the C14 Suspension was set up for at the factory.

I need to take a link out of my watch band because it slides around. I don't wear any rings because I will lose them when they fall off my finger.

It's just to bad for me the weather isn't a bit nicer. Too cold to do much riding but it sure would be nice if it were about 15 degrees warmer. When I broke in the 09 as long the roads were bare and dry, 35 degrees F was my minimum.

tdbru

Tim,
praying for your continued healing. hope you can get out and ride soon. but i agree with you, if it's too cold there's both too much risk of ice and numb hands don't work controls very efficiently. Get well!
-tdbru

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
The interesting thing for me at the this time, is weight loss. I eat well but continue to lose weight. For many this would be a great thing. And for awhile it was for me too. But now I am approaching the rider weight the C14 Suspension was set up for at the factory.

I need to take a link out of my watch band because it slides around. I don't wear any rings because I will lose them when they fall off my finger.

It's just to bad for me the weather isn't a bit nicer. Too cold to do much riding but it sure would be nice if it were about 15 degrees warmer. When I broke in the 09 as long the roads were bare and dry, 35 degrees F was my minimum.
Is it the ostomy bag or change of diet that's caused nothing to fit anymore? Being skinny, you can really layer up with the clothing...

Tim R

Staff member
It's the bag. Water retention sucks too. Between the bag and taking a leak, I have to make sure I get enough to make up for the loss. Beer, coffee and tea doesn't count.

I'm supposedly now 4 days away from the heart part of the surgery. Still not holding my breath. Monday I get Covid test #14 plus lab work and a X ray.