• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire pressure for the PR3/777 combo?

notime2ride

Bicycle
Just mounted the Metz/Shinko combo everyone's been raving about and can't what to see the difference it makes.  I have been running 42 lbs in the rear and 40 lbs in the front on the Dunlops that were on the bike when I got it last year.  What are you all running with the PR3/777 combo?  I'm 185 lbs.

Thanks.

38 front/ 42 rear.  Works very well for me and provides even tire wear on the front (no cupping).

According to the load data sticker on the bike, the standard air pressure setting is good up to a 441 lbs load.  The load rating of the PR3 (110 size) is slightly less at 520 lbs (58)(@42psi) from the original tires rating of 536 lbs (59)(@42psi).  Since the load rating was based on 36 psi front for the original tire, with the PR3 bumped up to 38 psi, it keeps the actual load rating approximately the same.  BTW, the front wet curb weight of the bike is 313 lbs.  Long story short, you should be fine from 38 psi to 42 psi.

Attachments

• Load Info.JPG
    Load Info.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 80
Jim said:
According to the load data sticker on the bike, the standard air pressure setting is good up to a 441 lbs load.  The load rating of the PR3 (110 size) is slightly less at 520 lbs (58)(@42psi) from the original tires rating of 536 lbs (59)(@42psi).  Since the load rating was based on 36 psi front for the original tire, with the PR3 bumped up to 38 psi, it keeps the actual load rating approximately the same.  BTW, the front wet curb weight of the bike is 313 lbs.  Long story short, you should be fine from 38 psi to 42 psi.

Thank you Jim!