• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire Pressure

cuda

In all my trucks and cars, I've always run max or a couple of pounds more; they all lose pressure right,

So on the C14 I would jack it up to 45 or so and have a longer period of time... :rolleyes:

I always heard that motorcycle tires have a much smaller contact patch,

the tire can flex more to increase the size of the patch and conform to surface differences

Looking at race photos of the tire in action, upon landing a jump or at the perfect 45% angle around a corner

So real racers explain a lot of variables.

Last edited:
In all my trucks and cars, I've always run max or a couple of pounds more; they all lose pressure right,

So on the C14 I would jack it up to 45 or so and have a longer period of time... :rolleyes:
I usually do more or less the same on 4-wheelers... on the C14 I typically run 42/42 or slightly less (nothing terribly precise, but I do check before riding... nothing less than 39-40 on the RS3s) which doesn't work for track folks, but at the track I'm just a spectator anyway, so it doesn't matter...