• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

tire width

mfrabbit

I've been reading quite a few post's about the 110-80-18 & the120-70-18 so I purchased a 110-80-18 ContiRoadAttack 3 for my 99 concours but when I received the tire and unwrapped it, It looks quite narrow where it seals to the rim (measures 2 1\2") not sure this will seal on my rim so today hopefully I'll be able to remove the old tire and check,If not today then tomorrow. Hopefully I didn't get the wrong tire----On with the adventure. ;D

Roger

I've read in the member library I think, that the C-10 front wheel is narrower than normal. I used a 120 and it sort of became a  "Vd" shape as it wore. I switched to 110's and they seated and wore normally. Good luck.

I've seen mention of the 110/80-18 many times, but haven't installed 1 myself.
Anxious to see the replies.

Ride safe, Ted

I've been running a 110/80-18 on my 2004 for a few years and they fit fine and wear just fine as well.
If you have trouble seating the beads due to the tire being slightly narrow you can try strapping around
the center of the tire. Best of luck and you'll enjoy the tire size.

So many things to do -so little time! Got the old tire off but didn't  have time to get the new one on but I should have time today after work. Once I got it off (120-70-18) and measured it (bead width) it was the same so it looks like smooth sailing-to be determined.

Roger