• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

trans shifter

rvjbkr

Big Wheel
I droped my bike on its right side after it stalled while turning from a stop. I picked the bike up and the shifter is 180* from where it should be. It is above and begind the left foot peg. Any trhoughts?

Bummer ...you can always try shifting with your heal. Sorry couldn't resist but that dose suck .how is your shifter bent if you dropped it on the right side ?

Boggles my mind Robert. Right side drop and left side damage. Is there more to this story? UP

Sure it makes sence, he dropped it on the right side and now "it's 180 degrees out." Yeah that's the ticket, 180 out. ""

This is most odd. I have no idea how that could happen unless the shifter pivot bolt was completely removed. Color me corn-fused. Was the shift pivot loose or damaged in any way? Can you provide any more details on what you found?

It looks like if the shaft that the shifter pawl is attached to rotated one revolution that it could indeed cause the shifter pedal to get spun around like you reported. Was the engine running when you dropped it? I'm not sure why that would cause the shifter shaft to rotate, but it sounds like that is what happened.