• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

triumph street triple R

Well... I bought a slightly used 2009 Street Triple 2 years ago. Like the lady's bike, it has handlebars but otherwise mine is stock. It has 2 big chrome cans up under the rear fender and I have added a stylish sport rack that is too small to carry anything. It's not a touring bike unless you're staying in hotels.

It only has a 13k redline and revs up almost instantly in the lower 2 gears. I went +1 on the front sprocket because the stock fueling is a little sensitive at lower rpms. I've since gotten used to it and can ride it well. It has stock suspension, not the fancy R stuff but it still handles really well. I had Sargent refoam the seat to give me an extra inch of legroom and that has helped a lot.

The 08 and 09 models were very popular with stunters since the geometry gives it light and quick steering. I've only had it up to 110mph, but have seen youtube vids of stock bikes hitting 145mph with no fairing. It's easy to believe it weighs 430# and I think it does have 110 hp also. It's a fun, fast and very enjoyable bike to ride whether fast or slow.

Sad I saw a post on another thread Steve started Whit a video of hers about leathers. The post said that the poster thought she had pasted in a bike accident. When I saw that post I instantly thought about the Ortega Highway. In the mid-eighties I would often ride from MCAS El Toro where I was stationed over the Ortega Highway to Lake Elsinore and hang out in a bar called The Embers.
The Ortega Highway is a mecca for bikes... Ride on and RIP Girl.