• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trunks, Tank bag

I recently bought a C14, after looking at various trunks the cheapest route seems to be to go with JC Whitney. Has anyone used or had any luck with this one? A $150.00 difference is kinda large. Also does anyone have a good tank bag recommendation? Charles Wilson COG#8198 SE 2008 C14 2003 C10

Now you've gone and done it. :) The JC Whitney's been popular amongst the C10 crowd, I have one and heard about it here. Don't know about the rocket pilots though. I have an Axio tank bag, but again on a C10.

I would guess you looked at Murph's stuff http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=130_134 ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

I bought one like the smaller ones listed in JC Whitney. I painted it with the wrinkle black to match the black on the bags. Fitted a piece of plywood inside on the bottom and drilled the holes so they would line up with the slots in the rack. Not the neatest looking inside but it comes on and off within 5 minutes. Only use it when wife rides on back as she is not comfortable unless she has a back rest. Works well for this, and I leave it off when I ride single. Like I said, really only use it for backrest, looks a whole lot better than any of the backrests offered for the C 14.

for the $$ and the ease of mounting, you simply cannot beat the SHAD 42L Murph sells, it fit's the bikes profile perfectly, mounts with absolutly no modifications to the bike, simply put just add 4 bolts and it fits the existing slots on the rack like a glove....it's a no-brainer, mounts in litterally 5 minutes, and clips on and off in seconds, leaving a very nice3 platform for when you don't need the trunk. On a $14k bike, why scrimp on a JCW trunk....it doesn't make sense. I pulled my 42L offa my old Conni and installed it on my new one, this trunk has lasted me over 6 years so far without a problem....I think it will last a long time to come. For my tank bag, I use the Roadgear mega size bag, with the faston strap system. I attached the front straps to the screws on either side up front of the airbox, and the rear side to a large tiewrap slipped over the rear gastank fingers the seat slides onto. Easily snaps on and off with the 3 fast click buckles for those times i want to stow it in the side bag while parking in unsecured areas. The bag expands and can hold a 12 pack (if you don't have it filled with junk).
2550418850015463693SQtyXF_th.jpg
2897924420015463693CnEofH_th.jpg
Rich Riczinger COG 5977 JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and got the SHAD 42L from Murph's. It should get here tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fine and I guess as long as I got my '03 Coonie I could use it there too from time to time.

Using the givi52 and the tank locker tank bag. Tank bag mounts to a ring which fits on the gas cap area.no straps or mags to scratch the paint