• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Turntables

just happen to watch a video about 11 must have ...

I made one but can't post video here. Some put the kickstand or center on a piece of plywood and spin it I guess.

I guess there is a video and some input under a post I made. Search my posts. I tried to link it but do not know how.

Last edited:
I made one but can't post video here. Some put the kickstand or center on a piece of plywood and spin it I guess.

I guess there is a video and some input under a post I made. Search my posts. I tried to link it but do not know how.
Search "A lazy Susan for the bike"

Looking for an easy way to turn my bike around in my garage.
I got a piece of steel plate about 14" by 14" on the floor of my shop. I put the bike up on the center stand legs on it and spin the bike around. Purty easy once you've done it a few times.

using the center stand for anything is difficult as I lowered the bike 1 1/4 in.
kzz1king's lazy susan looks more stable than others I have seen on the web.

I have read and watched video of the side stand method and I just cannot trust my side stand to take that kind of pressure. I personally would never do that, but if that's the only choice I have do to lowering or injury/strength then it's worth looking into. It take balance and coordination.

Fred posted this;

Or ya can do this;

A turntable is great IF you have a dedicated spot for your bike. Mine takes up an 8'circle. Not for winter storage but for frequent riding it is great. Ride in, put stand down, swing it around and you are ready to go again. Come winter it gets fastened to the garage wall and bike goes in a corner.

Park N Move is what I use, but I don't have as much open space as you do so the ability to move the bike out of the way off to the side is almost important to me as just turning it around.

for the C14 and for me (I'm not as tall nor as strong as the guy in the videos) it works best if I ride the bike's rear wheel up on a board first.
If you go this route someday, then try to find a model that uses standard castor brakes not the ones with thumb screws that dig into the wheels.