• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Uh oh…

cfrye19879849

I’m an idiot and need to know how screwed I am…it looks like I’ll be removing a lot to get it lined up again but hopefully someone has some pointers. I removed the triangle cover above the driver side foot peg and now I have no clue what the easiest way to get the driveshaft lined up properly. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

It’s a cover/plug type deal. It looks like it’s used to help keep everything inline as it rotates. I got it pretty close last night but not quite. I’ll throw a little grease on it after work and it should work itself in.

This?

Attachments

• IMG_20221018_070729_222.jpg
    IMG_20221018_070729_222.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20221018_070708_301.jpg
    IMG_20221018_070708_301.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 53
So what you're saying is that you removed the swing arm shaft on the left side and can't get it to go back in?

Yes! Thank you! That is exactly what I’m saying! Haha! I looked at a few different diagrams and couldn’t find what I was looking for. I can get it in but can’t quite get it to line up with the driveshaft where it sits flat to bolt back in. I wasn’t sure if it was just trial and error until it worked or if there was a tried and true method to slide it right back in.

Maybe get someone to wiggle the back wheel while you try to work it in. Remove any corrosion and crud, then apply some grease. Hth

You might consider becoming a full member. You'll be able to post pics and have access to more documentation only for full members. You get a COG directory with a ton of people willing to help you while traveling. There's more benefits that I won't list. It's worth the money!

Join for the bike, and stay for people like bud... were here to help each and share our info and intel... theres many more like bud out here

Just watch out for that connie rider guy..... lol. Red bikes are the fastest. Phhhhff....!