• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Unattended Tip Over

captconcours

Training Wheels
I have a question concerning CDA numbers. Do you get a number for an unattended tipover? I learned recently that my 05 Concours will not stay up on its side stand if it gets a flat. I parked the bike one evening, apparently having recently run over a screw or nail that punctured the rear tire. While parked in the garage the rear tire lost sufficient air to cause the bike to fall over. It had never dawned on me that this was possible, but I have the broke cowling to prove it. Does this qualify for a CDA number? I will be parking her on her center stand from here on out and a set of Murph's tipover bars will be installed shortly. Stats: 05 C10, member number: 6513 Damage: Main cowling damaged by a running light I had mounted directly to it, hit the floor and pushed the mounting bracket through the main cowling. Several middle fairing tabs were broken as well. A new main cowling has been ordered and received. Lessons Learned: Use of the center stand would be a good thing, installation of tip over bars before there needed? Priceless! John Ashton Ft. Worth, TX COG 6513 AMA 1078826 05 Concours

I guess that Greg makes the call. But I'll vote yes since you still get to pay for the damage!!!! :p Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

John, CDA0326. Well I've awarded a few unattended including the bear incident! Tip-overs - a good investment. Greg H from Mass Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle" 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z