• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Updated 2019 BMW R1200RT

But then you have all that Bikes Made Weird thing going on.  :beerchug:

I've been on the road for close to 4 months now, mostly out west. Most of the sport touring bikes I'm seeing are BMW. I find that an interesting observation.

Me personally, BTDT with the Beemer thing. My priorities rule out spending north of twenty grand on a bike with little dealer support where I travel. But they make lots of different bikes for lots of different tastes. A good thing.

On TDY near Bayfield, CO.

Traveled all over the U.S. Never an issue with dealer support. However, spending $23K or so, yeah...that's a legit reason for me to give pause. Best sport-touring bikes oney can buy IMO, but it's serious coin. Then again, I've put about $4K into my C14 already with more big dollar farkles to come. Ohlins are next big dollar farkle, as  the stock suspension is barely adequate. I bet I'll be sniffing close to $20k when I'm done. 

Anyway, and to the topic at hand, the boxer has evolved to a pretty respectable level,