• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

V-Stream Compatibility

Can anybody confirm if a V-Stream shield can go onto a 2017 Connie? Thank you!!
Yes the V-Stream will fit on your 2017.

You will need to get some mounting hardware for a pre-2015 windshield and you will lose the flipper door.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Hello Heath. Welcome to COG! Glad you joined and looking forward to seeing you at one of the Missouri RTEs or one of the overnight events.

Glad to see you’re already adding some mods to your bike.

@heathcreek1867 You will need the below 7 part #'s in Qty's shown within the cart inset screenshots.

Hope this helps. BTW For part lookups - sites like Partzilla are amazingly helpful.

The Part #'s listed below are Kawasaki OEM P/N's. Order from a parts house or your dealership with these part numbers. Then when you order your windshield order for a pre2015 Concours 14, that is unless V-Stream has a design for the 2015+ which I do not think they do. That windshield 2015+ due to the size opening is not easy to replicate in an affordable, reliable windshield (aftermarkets are prone to cracking from this design)...

Wayne, Carol & Blue

1683022865766.png

1683022701179.png
1683022757358.png

Last edited:
Any updates on the V-Stream? I was thinking about getting one for my 2018. Appreciate any further information or even photos. Thanks

Any updates on the V-Stream? I was thinking about getting one for my 2018. Appreciate any further information or even photos. Thanks
I put the Cee Bailey on my 2017, after removing the 2017 worthless stock shield with the worthless vent. All the parts are ordered as suggested by Wayne was right on the money (see above).....literally about $90 for 6 bolts, two little gaskets, and the little plastic pieces. Should have been lest than $10 and they could have shipped it all in a letter envelope. But, I am very happy. I can put my V-stream on if I want, too.

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking forward to ordering the items so I can get a Cee Bailey. And I agree 100% the stock shield is garbage!!

I put the Cee Bailey on my 2017, after removing the 2017 worthless stock shield with the worthless vent. All the parts are ordered as suggested by Wayne was right on the money (see above).....literally about $90 for 6 bolts, two little gaskets, and the little plastic pieces. Should have been lest than $10 and they could have shipped it all in a letter envelope. But, I am very happy. I can put my V-stream on if I want, too.
I’m trying to do the opposite from what you did and have an OEM windshield for my 2016 but not the hardware. Are you holding onto all your OeM stuff or are you willing to sell the hardware for the OEM shield? Didn’t realize there some many little parts involved in this. I have the stock shield on now with spare bolts I had but would like to have the OEM parts since it bothers me not to.

While I'm still rocking the stock windscreen on my 12' some on this site experienced a mounting bracket failure with larger windscreens. I believe there is a COG'er that makes a more burley windscreen mount for your bike. FWIW

I’m trying to do the opposite from what you did and have an OEM windshield for my 2016 but not the hardware. Are you holding onto all your OeM stuff or are you willing to sell the hardware for the OEM shield? Didn’t realize there some many little parts involved in this. I have the stock shield on now with spare bolts I had but would like to have the OEM parts since it bothers me not to.
Yes, I kept everything.

Yes, I kept everything.
Willing to sell the hardware or at least post a picture of the bits and pieces you removed? The parts diagram seems a little confusing, even though, I’ve ordered plenty of OEM parts using those diagrams in the past.

Laker9142 was making and selling the improved windshield brackets. His industry account went inactive and he posted that if someone wanted one to contact him directly...

Willing to sell the hardware or at least post a picture of the bits and pieces you removed? The parts diagram seems a little confusing, even though, I’ve ordered plenty of OEM parts using those diagrams in the past.
Of course! I will lay it all out for you. Send me a personal message.

Just to add to this thread but I will have to get the pre-2015 mounting hardware versus using my existing 2018 hardware in order to use either a Vstream or CeeBaley windscreen? Is that correct? I tried to change out to a Puig screen that fits and uses the cutout screen for the 2018 but was not happy with the fit.

Yes - see post #5.

I suppose you could improvise for some of the washers or bolts however I like the clean fit and finish of the Kawi parts. I have a spare set of all windshield parts just in case…

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I replaced some worn hardware (allen head rounded) but that was all I needed to do to my 2011 to install my V-Stream. It handles much better on breezy days with the V-S and large trucks on a 2 lane don't upset the bike as much. Its a great add-on.

Yes the V-Stream will fit on your 2017.

You will need to get some mounting hardware for a pre-2015 windshield and you will lose the flipper door.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Yes , is the answer. I made my own rubber isolators from an old inner tube.

I wanted to thanks everyone here on this thread about the VStream compatibility I ordered the necessary pre2015 parts from Kawasaki directly in Japan. The cost was under $45 bucks but I have a family member in Japan so that was my connection versus ordering it from Revzilla. I’m a happy camper with the new screen. Thanks

Reactions: Bud
I can confirm the VStream windshield fits perfect without any issues for my 2018, just have to get the pre-2015 hardware. Thanks for everyone’s advice and feedback.