• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: 05 Concours upgraded brake calipers w/adapter brackets

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
Before I start my hunt on Ebay, I'm wondering if anyone has a set of the Nissin or Tokcio 4 pot calipers, along with the adapter bracket so I can install some upgraded brakes. If you have the stainless lines to go with it, that'd be great. Looking to ship to (or pick up locally from) D.C. proper.

Thanks!

-x01660

Before you buy, consider radial style calipers. (Also in Nissin or Tokico)
Jim Snyder found a mount that fits the C-10 that uses they Radial style.
The advantage of the radial style is easier to mount, easier to find, and you can initially use the stock Rotor and later move up to the larger diameter Rotors without having to buy a different mount.
(Simply add a spacer and longer bolts).

Ride safe, Ted

Before you buy, consider radial style calipers. (Also in Nissin or Tokico)
Jim Snyder found a mount that fits the C-10 that uses they Radial style.
The advantage of the radial style is easier to mount, easier to find, and you can initially use the stock Rotor and later move up to the larger diameter Rotors without having to buy a different mount.
(Simply add a spacer and longer bolts).

Ride safe, Ted

This is the thread I found, that has all the parts listed:

Are these axial or radial?

These are radials. From this page:

6D5790ED-361C-4096-9B39-4CB766D2D2A8.jpeg

I think I found the brackets for the axial conversion, off of SVRacing. Where do I get the adapter plates for the radial conversion? Will I have to make changes to the existing brake cables or have to modify anything else? I guess the question is which is more "plug n' play" (within reason, of course)?

You posted a Axial design.
I think Radial would be more plug and play.
Plus, {if you're a tinkerer} the bracket can be be made.
ie; Look at the bracket on Cragantler's post #5.
Basically, it's a piece of aluminum Angle Iron.
Not sure if he made his or bought? (He can give you some guidance)

Go to this discussion for more Radial info.
I didn't read it all, but I think it shows where to buy the Radial adapter.

The BIG advantage with the radial style is you can add the Calipers with OEM Rotor.
Later, (when/if you opt to go to a 320 mm Rotor) all you have to do is add some spacers (washers) to raise the caliper enough to fit the bigger Diameter.

On the Axial style calipers, I think that you have to start with Caliper's and 320 mm Rotors.

I have the Axial style on my C-10 and their great. Nothing wrong with them.
But I have the OEM Rotors and can't change to 320's without building different brackets.

NOTE: You will get quite a bit of improvement with just the calipers.
But the combination of the calipers and larger radius (320 mm Rotors) will increase the braking force more.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
You posted a Axial design.
I think Radial would be more plug and play.
Plus, {if you're a tinkerer} the bracket can be be made.
ie; Look at the bracket on Cragantler's post #5.
Basically, it's a piece of aluminum Angle Iron.
Not sure if he made his or bought? (He can give you some guidance)

Go to this discussion for more Radial info.
I didn't read it all, but I think it shows where to buy the Radial adapter.

Ride safe, Ted
The radial photo was from Jim Snyder that he posted in the same link.