• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamaha FJ1100

Nybiomed

There is one for sale near me for $1200, looks to be in pretty nice shape for $1200 and I’ve always wanted to ride/own one. Anything I should know about these? It has a nice looking aftermarket seat too...maybe a Corbin with matching red piping...has 45k miles on the odo. Condition without physically looking at it and considering it’s age, perhaps a 7/10.

I had a first year, 1984 FJ1100 back in 1984.  I liked it very much, put on around 20k miles.  The Corbin seat is an improvement over the stock seat.  I also bought a Corbin with red piping for mine.  Mine burnt up some valves that I had to get repaired. 

sininja said:
oddball tire sizes and second gear issues.  loved my fj1200  :)

Yeah I forgot about the different tire sizes.  I think it has a 16" on the front.  You should still be able to find the tires though.