• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamaha T7 World Raid

Amazing! The riders on the S10 forum have been asking for this for years! Looks like it still a couple away from the states......

A T7 would be nice. The 660 has been a great machine for our foreign counterparts. I love my Super Tenere, but it is a pig in technical stuff.

I read the T7 will defiantly make it stateside and released in 2018. Maybe as a 2019 model?. If it is everything Yamaha claims I may sell the BMW Sertao 650.

The FZ 7 engine is a little powerhouse; around 70 HP. Do you think Yamaha will de-tune it to make it pull more like a tractor in low speed maneuvers? Everything else the article mentioned; the frame, the wheels have been reworked to be more dirt oriented.

Diz said:
The FZ 7 engine is a little powerhouse; around 70 HP. Do you think Yamaha will de-tune it to make it pull more like a tractor in low speed maneuvers? Everything else the article mentioned; the frame, the wheels have been reworked to be more dirt oriented.

I would hope they redesign the torque profile to have that tractor like pull. The Super Tenere has that feel off-road, so having a lot less weight and a great torque curve would make it a winner.

If it lands with a reasonable price point, I may be very tempted.