• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ye olde EX250

Murph

Crotch Rocket
Industry Vendor
Over the years I've had a lot of folks ask me about providing a few items for this bike. So, back in November I bought an 04...It looks like your standard $1200 bike,  a broken part here and there, but man...does it ring true to murphs soul!  Simple..Like me.  Flog it with out fear,,,really polishes your skills because if you did hit things  right,,,,,you can push it faster that you can ride it  :-[.We are coming out with a few products to make it a better commuter bike..Spread the word  ;)

Murph
COG 2769
Industry Member

Will you have optional size motors?  :))  Only kidding. I think it's a smart move. I've heard of a few people buying them for family members or as small run abouts for themselves. I have kicked around the idea myself. 70mpg or so, is nothing to sneeze at!  ;)

I bought 1 for my gf to learn to ride, I ride it more than the connie now.  I'd love to have one (and am looking for one) to ride just around town.  Murph you need to get a 15t front sprocket for it if you havent yet.  I realllly like the little bikes, and I push hers up to 12K before shifting and still get 60 mpg.  We've had to lower it for her and I feel like i'm on a mini bike.

My wife just sold her 2007 "Baby Ninja" last month. I enjoyed riding it more than she did! I did get to take it on a 460 mile round trip up to Shreveport and back a few days before she sold it.