• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Z 1000 SX

2Connie

Big Wheel
So I found a Z 1000 sx 2014 for sale local for 5000 dollars with 18000 miles wondering if worth it and has anyone road one. I own a 1988 concours which I like because of size , but thinking of going to something quicker.                                                                          Lance                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

I had to look that one up as I could not find that model. I think you talking about a Ninja1000
Very nice and fast and light weight
Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (sold in some markets as the Z1000S or Z1000SX)<---UK markets?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_1000

My wingman has a green 14. Great bike. Only niggles are no center stand, 1 running headlight for running lights (my friend is full time high beam), shoulder mirrors (depends on your build), a little bit of vibration through the seat at around 7000 RPM.

Other than that it's 38-42mpg, nice torque, due to a close range gearing setup. Other than that pretty much a great middle of the road Sport Touring bike.

Oh, and putting a 55 tire on the rear of the 11-16s really helps with handling.

That bikes sells very well in EU, not well here.

$5000 for a 14 is a deal. (Stupid good deal, if it has the luggage.)

I own a 14. It has been a great bike for me for the past 4 years. I traded my C10 on a used blue one and was hit on it on the way to the Johnson City TN National and totaled it. With no hesitation I purchased another brand new one, this time green, and have no regrets. I do everything on it that I did on my C10. had to learn to pack differently but the performance difference is lights out. I tried the 55 series tires and didn't like the feel on the interstate when loaded at higher speeds so I went back to the 50 series. It handles great and has plenty of torque to lope around in 4th gear all day or to blast through the twisty's with the sport bike guys. Yeah it has a chain but maintenance isn't that bad and I love the 508lb weight vs the Concours. It is a different animal but worth a test ride if you are looking at something different. I have no issues doing a 700 mile day on it.

My wife rides a 2013 Ninja 1000 with Yoshimura exhaust and a Ivan's flash.
She let me ride it once. Now I have a Z1000 with exhaust and flash.
All I can say is WOW! Lots of Power from only 1000cc.

Still have the C-14 for trips. That motor is used in 3 different Kawi models and has been very dependable.