• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lake George Fall Rally

terrynyc

Okay folks you've been more than patient and it would appear if all goes as planned registration should be up and running this weekend.  If all the emails and messages are any indication we should have a good turnout.  More to come! ;)

:-[
Terrynyc said:
Okay folks you've been more than patient and it would appear if all goes as planned registration should be up and running this weekend.  If all the emails and messages are any indication we should have a good turnout.  More to come! ;)
Excellant !

Still working on it folks.  I've put my best man on it Scott, well my only local man at least LOL.  I will taunt him a second time if we don't get this going by tomorrow! ;)

Weekends almost over Terry.  :))  It's not a big deal since most folks have an idea when. But the official announcement would allow for earlier planning. Up to 50 bucks? I think we're going to be priced out of the market.  :rotflmao:

In the fall, right? Right at the end of the season as I remember?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Brian

Terrynyc said:
Still working on it folks.  I've put my best man on it Scott, well my only local man at least LOL.  I will taunt him a second time if we don't get this going by tomorrow! ;)

Well the new banquet choice is playing coy so far and until we nail it down we can't post.  Next step is we chuck it and switch back to our old standby Mario's.  We'll get this ironed out.

Terrynyc said:
Well the new banquet choice is playing coy so far and until we nail it down we can't post.  Next step is we chuck it and switch back to our old standby Mario's.  We'll get this ironed out.
Well keep us posted,, or fug it, Ill bring the grills and we can cook in the parking lot,,,,

What's wrong with Mario's? They been good to us. It's close enough that I doubt anyone would drive/ride unless staying elsewhere. The only hazard is not getting run over crossing the street.  :)) So if the other place is not working out, go Italian. And the weekend isn't over yet.  ;)

I'm calling Scott tomorrow and if there is no answer yet we're going back to Mario's.  I will at least confirm that Motel Montreal is taking reservations and folks can get that done.  Yes it's running like a well oiled machine I tells ya! :))

K folks things look like a go (I hope! LOL).  Should be listed shortly and Motel Montreal is ready to take reservations.  Remember to say you're with COG and minimum 3 night stay for the reduced rate.

How about dem evils non- COG folk, can they sneak into this thing? Not the banquet of course, we understand that is a COG thing but can we hang around in the parking lot and talk to the [less rabid] members and tell the same old jokes one more time?

Is this function open to the public?

I will trade you one telling of 'The Cat Joke' for the 'Upper Decker' story.  :rotflmao:

Your call, and please feel free to state the honest opinion; we are merely interlopers and understand entirely if this is a COG only or closed function, and also understand if not welcome.

Brian

Terrynyc said:
K folks things look like a go (I hope! LOL).  Should be listed shortly and Motel Montreal is ready to take reservations.  Remember to say you're with COG and minimum 3 night stay for the reduced rate.

Now Brian non COGGERS are always we!come you just don't get the member discount.  You may have to repeat tbe cat joke again too!  September 21-24 are the dates and hallelujah registration is up with complete details and on the calendar!  So book dem rooms and get registered!

I'm a relatively new COG member.  I looked up the rally and don't see much information other than dates.  I'm interested.  (Love Lake George area)  Can you post or tell me how to find more information?

wnsniper said:
I'm a relatively new COG member.  I looked up the rally and don't see much information other than dates.  I'm interested.  (Love Lake George area)  Can you post or tell me how to find more information?

It's now live on the COG website calendar with all details and registration is open.  If you're a member you have full access to the site.  Perhaps one of the more tech savvy folks can post the link because I'm clueless!  LOL

You can also click above on the COG logo and it will take you to the home page then just click on "calendar" and select September on the drop down menu.  Click on the event and you're in business!

KevinRLI said:
Ummmm.. Zip line?

Yes it's billed as the longest zip line in the region.  I've seen it it's impressive!  Runs from the top of the mountain all the way to the Wild West Ranch.  Scotty has done it and he said it takes over two minutes to reach the bottom.

Terrynyc said:
KevinRLI said:
Ummmm.. Zip line?

Yes it's billed as the longest zip line in the region.  I've seen it it's impressive!  Runs from the top of the mountain all the way to the Wild West Ranch.  Scotty has done it and he said it takes over two minutes to reach the bottom.
Google Adirondack Eagle Flyer for more info.

wnsniper said:

Presently all activity/event info is posted in the online event calendar at: www.cog-online.org
Most other places the activity/event is listed there is usually a link to the event calendar page.
Post back where you saw the rally dates and no link to the calendar and we will correct this.

Terrynyc said:
Terrynyc said:
KevinRLI said:
Ummmm.. Zip line?

Google Adirondack Eagle Flyer for more info.

So let me get this straight... We get to go for a 1 minute ride going 50MPH on a piece of dental floss... When I could be tearing up Tracy Rd? Yeah I'm good...

OK, we're in. Registered and reservations made.

Question? How is everyone getting out to the banquet. It obviously is not within walking distance?

Cap'n Bob said:
Question? How is everyone getting out to the banquet. It obviously is not within walking distance?
I'm trying to remember how many people we managed to fit into a Jeep Cherokee one year.  (OK, it might have been a Wagoneer.)

Cap'n Bob said:
OK, we're in. Registered and reservations made.

We will have a shuttle service provided by the venue from Motel Montreal.

Just put together a new route for this one.  Using one route to lunch and another back to the motel .  Turns out there is a brewpub in lake placid so that will be our stop.  They sell cans for easy transport too.  It includes three tasty roads Scotty has scoped out.  Tracy Rd, Ensign Pond Rd and Lincoln Pond Rd.  About 260 miles total.  Should make for a nice ride. :great: :motonoises:

Did I mention we hit Tracy Rd and Lincoln Pond Rd on the way back too?  You can't just do them once! :))

Outback Jon said:
Cap'n Bob said:
I'm trying to remember how many people we managed to fit into a Jeep Cherokee one year.  (OK, it might have been a Wagoneer.)

It was Scotty's old Grand Cherokee and if I recall some of us in the back weren't completely IN the vehicle!😋
He has a newer model which is a skosh smaller but where there's a will there's a way!😀

Registered for the rally and zip line. Calling the Montreal tomorrow. Gonna ride up on Wednesday. Tell Scotty to save me some cigars at the shop.  :great:

Pet Friendly cabin booked under 2 miles away,, Ill be there Wednesday, at 3,, a day early as well as before nightfall!, a milestone for me!

If you're coming up Wednesday maybe we can get together for dinner.  I should be there by 7ish if I can't get out early from work but by 5ish if I do.  We'll definitely be doing a ride on Thursday morning until about lunchtime.  We need to be back and set up for registration on Thursday afternoon.  My number is in the officer's info page drop me a text.

Terrynyc said:
If you're coming up Wednesday maybe we can get together for dinner.  I should be there by 7ish if I can't get out early from work but by 5ish if I do.  We'll definitely be doing a ride on Thursday morning until about lunchtime.  We need to be back and set up for registration on Thursday afternoon.  My number is in the officer's info page drop me a text.
Will do!

Well ill be bringing one of my Weber kettles, with me,, i may have to smoke some wings and ribs on Wens,,, for late night munchies,,,
:beerchug:

Folks time's a passin and the close out date for our block of rooms is Aug 21st.  LET'S BOOK THEM ROOMS!! ;)

Total registrations at 15 right now (that's 17 since Scotty never remembers to register LOL).  Let's get hoppin!

Hey, look at this Terry: this guy knows how to kick it up a notch! Add in pool- side delivery and you are gonna' have a winning rally.

:D

Brian

Gixerhp said:
Well ill be bringing one of my Weber kettles, with me,, i may have to smoke some wings and ribs on Wens,,, for late night munchies,,,

BDF said:
Hey, look at this Terry: this guy knows how to kick it up a notch! Add in pool- side delivery and you are gonna' have a winning rally.

Brian

Gixerhp said:
Cooking here for 60 plus people from Hayabusa.org at one of the Fall Bashes at Deals Gap!

Attachments

• 545627_392178680816328_782264977_n.jpg
    545627_392178680816328_782264977_n.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 103
Make sure when trying to register you allow pop ups or it won't work.  Also click on the entry for Thursday it's hiding below another entry for the day. ;)

Gixerhp said:
Terrynyc said:
Will do!

I'm in for a Thursday meet up if your headed north or west. Will be heading over from da udder side of the Mountns :motonoises: >:D

KevinRLI said:
Ok I'm registered. Lets tear it up!!!
I hear a Green Gauge cluster might be happening,,,

Attachments

• 20170409_005402 (Small).jpg
    20170409_005402 (Small).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 91
BDF said:

Brian

Gixerhp said:
Also todays,,
Cooking for a 50th Wedding Anniversary, for Jens Uncle,,, Here is the BBQ Tease,,,
10 racks of ribs
16 lbs of Steak tips,
20 lbs of wings,,
Tips and wings in a few flavors! ...

Wow, too bad I am a vegetarian. Well, not entirely.... my religion allows me to eat meat but only on days that have names that end in 'day'.

You bring that kinda' o' stuff around these people and you is gonna' be swamped. You could single- handedly increase COG membership by 20% I think. :)  Hey Ted, look over here: this is how you do it.  :rotflmao:

Seriously, sounds like you put on a great spread. And the folks here who you are threatening with this stuff are about as good an audience as you are ever going to get so bring on the dead animals and have a great time!

Brian

Gixerhp said:
Gixerhp said:
Also todays,,
Cooking for a 50th Wedding Anniversary, for Jens Uncle,,, Here is the BBQ Tease,,,
10 racks of ribs
16 lbs of Steak tips,
20 lbs of wings,,
Tips and wings in a few flavors! ...

Latest gps route has been added to the Fall Rally library on the COG site.  Thanks Steve! :great:

What took him all of five minutes would've had me at the keyboard for 40!  LOL :))

I'm in! Also might show up on Wed  to get an extra day of summer riding. (I thought this was the Fall Rally  ;D  )

gMitch said:
I'm in! Also might show up on Wed  to get an extra day of summer riding. (I thought this was the Fall Rally  ;D  )

Looks like we'll have a bunch of early folks so weather permitting we'll definitely do a ride Thursday morning.

I'm getting the same message I'll get Steve Smith on the horn and see what's what.  If it was just me we'd be waiting a LOOOONG time! :))

When you go to the library go to the NE Area Ride and Event Info.  Click on that and you'll be in the right place.  It's about halfway down the page.  The one at the bottom was my fault I tried to load it myself back in July and thought it failed which I guess it did.  It's been deleted.  Sorry about that folks! ;)

OK I'm in.
Trying to book a room now...."no one available to take your call" .....huh?  :eek:

This is a REAL rally & not a Sears rally, right?  :nananana:

OK the hotel actually called me back without leaving a message, now that's service!
FYI, a single room is $55.50/night.

This better be good Terry (I know Scotties half will be)!  >:D

Terrynyc said:
When you go to the library go to the NE Area Ride and Event Info.  Click on that and you'll be in the right place.  It's about halfway down the page.  The one at the bottom was my fault I tried to load it myself back in July and thought it failed which I guess it did.  It's been deleted.  Sorry about that folks! ;)

:great:

Zorlac said:
OK I'm in.
Trying to book a room now...."no one available to take your call" .....huh?  :eek:

OK the hotel actually called me back without leaving a message, now that's service!

You wound me sir!  Actually any difficulties with routes are all on me I'm the route dude and paperwork guru.  Scotty's the banquet and hotel guy.  See you up there! :beerchug:

Terrynyc said:
I'm the route dude and paperwork guru.
Will I get to see the flailing arms of disgust above a GPS in a parking lot like the national in TN a few years back?  :rotflmao:

Terrynyc said:
Twenty two and climbing.  Let's get registered folks!
Add 2 more ,,, very expensive month here, 4 car registrations, 5 bikes, 2 trailers, New bike for Jen,,,
My room is booked, and ill register by next week

Finally got to register. Will be good to see people again, been a long time. Kat will be with me. Due to health, can't ride bike that far, so will be in cage. A VERY comfortable cage I must say. See you guys then..... :))

Nothing like waiting until the last  minute.  Just booked hotel before room block cut-off.  Registered while I was at it.

Zorlac said:
Terrynyc said:
I'm the route dude and paperwork guru.
Will I get to see the flailing arms of disgust above a GPS in a parking lot like the national in TN a few years back?  :rotflmao:
We shall see!  Just upgraded to a 395 Garmin, let's see if it's as diabolical as my 550.  :))

Just checked the reg page and we're creeping towards 40.  Early reg ends on Sept 1st so let's get crackin people!  :motonoises:

Wifey and me are going to try one of these North East events just to see how you folks do 'em. Recent transplants from North Central area. Just registered today and reserved rooms at Motel Montreal.

Robby1953 said:
Wifey and me are going to try one of these North East events just to see how you folks do 'em. Recent transplants from North Central area. Just registered today and reserved rooms at Motel Montreal.
Where are in the Northeast?

Well if my co-host ever decides to register for our own rally we just hit 40.  We're in the home stretch now! :great:

Not sure if we can make it yet but there is a ballon festival that weekend. We went one year. It is worth the dawn trip to see the balloons taking off. The night festivities aren't worth the heavy traffic backup. It's at Floyd Bennett airfield. If you never saw a bunch of balloons firing up and taking off near dawn it's a site to see.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjeuqX3wf3VAhWBDsAKHaBxANkQFggLMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adirondackballoonfest.org%2F&usg=AFQjCNHcuUN_j1AOrGOiWBg9UpL6xQdy7w

We're in the home stretch now!  53 hearty souls registered.  A nice number!  Dropped off the rally packets for copying, I'm getting lazy in my old age!  If the weather continues as it has make sure you have your electrics ready to go.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  I should be getting to Scott's house by about 5 pm Wednesday so we'll probably be stopping by Motel Montreal about 7ish to say hi to all our early folks.  Expect a ride for Thursday morning with a 2pmish return so we can head back to the ranch and get our gear for check-in.  See you soon!

Terrynyc said:
We're in the home stretch now!  53 hearty souls registered.  A nice number!  Dropped off the rally packets for copying, I'm getting lazy in my old age!  If the weather continues as it has make sure you have your electrics ready to go.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  I should be getting to Scott's house by about 5 pm Wednesday so we'll probably be stopping by Motel Montreal about 7ish to say hi to all our early folks.  Expect a ride for Thursday morning with a 2pmish return so we can head back to the ranch and get our gear for check-in.  See you soon!

Jr and his new GF just registered the other day. They grow up so fast.. Sniff Sniff.

Checking the next 10 day weather for the hell of it in Lake George and it doesn't look bad. 70 ish day and 50 ish nights. I call that perfect weather for gear.

Kevin don't put the whammy on us! :-\ ;)

Now we must appease the weather gods with sacrifices of ocelots, emus and platypuses (platypi?!?)  :))

Zorlac said:
OK I'm in.

Actually, I ended up sending them an email and they wrote and called me back the same day. I managed to book my room yesterday.

"It ain't the Hilton, but it's cheap and clean".
:))

Out of curiosity, anybody interested in burning some fossil fuel on those hotel BBQ grills and charcoal some meat?

We've been there a few times already and somehow never made an offering to the meat gods.

Just a thought (plus, it pisses off vegans). Any takers?
>:D

Redlion61 said:
Out of curiosity, anybody interested in burning some fossil fuel on those hotel BBQ grills and charcoal some meat?

We've been there a few times already and somehow never made an offering to the meat gods.

Just a thought (plus, it pisses off vegans). Any takers?
>:D
Ill have a Weber kettle with me at the Bears Dens down the street! As well as a 4 burner gas grill too

Just when you think you've got things wrapped up with a neat little bow fate let's you know you're not the boss!  LOL

Seems there has been a change in management in our banquet venue and the new folks seem unaware that we had arrangements! :-\

I'll keep you posted as this develops.  Don't be surprised if we end up somewhere back in town.  ;)

Diz said:
Box dinner around the campfire? Wings and ribs from Gixerhp? Glad you were checking Terry!
Man for 50 plus people,,,, i just did a wedding anniversary for 45 people and i was busy making stuff for 2 days.
I will have grills with but for small numbers. Because of Celiac disease i need no wheat ever to touch the grates

Next summer ill plan a big party, but not 2 weeks away.

And dam Terry this sucks.
Please let us know asap, as i need to know for Gluten allergy for Jen

Terrynyc said:
Just when you think you've got things wrapped up with a neat little bow fate let's you know you're not the boss!  LOL

Seems there has been a change in management in our banquet venue and the new folks seem unaware that we had arrangements! :-\

I'll keep you posted as this develops.  Don't be surprised if we end up somewhere back in town.  ;)

Hope you didn't give them a deposit! loll

Cheers! :beerchug:

Okay we're back on track!  Scott rewrangled our banquet with one slight change, dessert isn't included.  I personally won't miss it myself.  So get those bags packed and let's get this party started! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Terrynyc said:
Okay we're back on track!  Scott rewrangled our banquet with one slight change, dessert isn't included.  I personally won't miss it myself.  So get those bags packed and let's get this party started! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Cheap bastards! loll

Speaking of which, please remind me what location that's at...

Terrynyc said:
The Saturday banquet is at the Wild West Ranch.  We should have a shuttle from the Motel Montreal.
Is it the same place as originally planned?

Yes we got it taken care of and rather than gamble last minute on another venue went with the original location.

Jr and I are heading up from Long Island very early Thursday morning. Leaving around 5AM if anyone wants to ride up with us.