• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lake George Fall Rally

see everyone next week & Barb is drivin up in the cage & we're lookin forward to seein everyone & we're leavin sometime Wednesday! :)

I'll be hammering north on Wednesday afternoon hopefully getting rolling by 1ish.  I'm slabbing it to make time.

BTDT.

COG was in Wellsboro, PA on May 21, 2011 (one of the many times the world was going to end).

WG said:
BTDT.

COG was in Wellsboro, PA on May 21, 2011 (one of the many times the world was going to end).

Me too.  :D

Attachments

• rsz_img_0148.jpg
    rsz_img_0148.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 104
  • rsz_1img_0136.jpg
    rsz_1img_0136.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 108
Weather is looking pretty decent at the moment for Lake George for the rally. (for now anyway) 75-80 degrees all four days and very little chance of rain. OF course I probably just put the hex on the whole darn thing.  :))

Well we have had a shitty week,, the truck is down, and ive been working on it all weekend, but doesn't look good.
I may not make it,, but trying,,

If you're definitely not going to make it this will be the last day for refunds.  In believe Scott has to give a count tomorrow.  Keep that in mind.

Gixerhp said:
Well we have had a s***** week,, the truck is down, and ive been working on it all weekend, but doesn't look good.
I may not make it,, but trying,,

Oh nooooooo... I must be green...

Yeah, but wasn't there some kind of 'high gravitation zone' causing a lot of water to splash or something at that rally?

:)

That was also the one with that Polish guy from Canada (he was living in Canada at the time), Koval or something similar as I remember. He was truly a piece of work (and I mean that in the very best way possible).

WG said:
BTDT.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Cap'n Bob said:
WG said:
BTDT.

Me too.  :D
My first COG rally.  :motonoises:

My 1st COG Rally as well. 1st day... Lined up to ride off with the group from the hotel, and someone (may have been Kevin M says... 'Hey looks like you have a flat in the rear.'.  Sure enough  :'(

So off went the group and I spent the morning looking for some place to plug my tire. Now I carry a plug kit.

Anyone riding up from MA area ? I am thinking last min to join in the rally... but the solo riding thing is not my bag on long trips.. kind of defeats the purpose of a club.. camaraderie, usually people know the 'good' roads, etc (not to mention safety in numbers). If I can hook into some people riding over from MA, I may join in the rally (although I am supposed to be at the RV with the wife this weekend.. reconcile / address that 'nit' during the day today).

Thanks !  Jim

Jim said:
Ohhh yes.. got both ! And of course now that I carry both.. I have never had a flat since. Typical.

Better go out to the garage and check your tires right now, That statement is enough to doom you.  :eek:

I really hope this forecast pans out!

Thursday Sunny, with a high near 79. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. North wind around 6 mph.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 79. Northeast wind around 6 mph.
Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 82.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59.
Sunday Sunny, with a high near 86.

I'm thinking still in summer gear (with electrics as a back-up).  :49:
See everybody up there!  :beerchug:

Zorlac said:
I really hope this forecast pans out!

Thursday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 78. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. North wind 3 to 6 mph.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 78.
Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 55.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

gMitch said:
I'm thinking still in summer gear (with electrics as a back-up).  :49:
See everybody up there!  :beerchug:

Yep. Mesh with spare liner - just in case. Raingear will stay stored in the case...

Looks like it will be a great one!
:)

I hope Wayne G. brings some of his good stuff. The brew we had at Bennington was something else!

Terry, that's a hint for you too! lol

Redlion61 said:
I hope Wayne G. brings some of his good stuff. The brew we had at Bennington was something else!

Terry, that's a hint for you too! lol

:beerchug:

Jim said:
Anyone riding up from MA area ? I am thinking last min to join in the rally... but the solo riding thing is not my bag on long trips.. kind of defeats the purpose of a club.. camaraderie, usually people know the 'good' roads, etc (not to mention safety in numbers). If I can hook into some people riding over from MA, I may join in the rally (although I am supposed to be at the RV with the wife this weekend.. reconcile / address that 'nit' during the day today).

Thanks !  Jim

I will be passing through the Bellingham area somewhere between 9:45 & 10am tomorrow (Thursday) morning.  I can meet you in the Walmart parking lot if you want to ride up together.  Let me know.

Well, the bike is all packed up, all that's left is to put the tankbag on tomorrow morning when I leave. See you folks at Lake George tomorrow!àà :great:

What beautiful weather we are having here in Mass., I sure hope all of you I n Lake George are getting this extra
bit of summer like weather up there. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

Thanks again Scott & Terry for hosting such a great event, you guys are awesome!

You guys (and gals) really lucked out with the weather. Maybe a little hot for the ride home today but better then a cold rainy day anytime. Where are the pics of the festivities? What happens in Lake George stays in Lake George? Haha!

2017 COG NE Fally

MGalleryItem.php

More pics here

Another great Terry n Scott adventure. Great rally as usual. Thanks to all who helped make it possible.  :)

Really great rally, weather and people! Thanks Terry and Scotty for all the hard work as well as everyone else that made the rally a success! Have to admit that I wasn't prepared for mid summer weather- 64* at the top of Whiteface MT on September 22

Attachments

• whiteface Summit.jpg
    whiteface Summit.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 92
Well folks another Lake George soiree has come and gone!  I have to say that I heartily enjoyed the new roads that I added.  It was great seeing everyone and we hope everyone enjoyed it.  Scott and I are always happy to help out the club with a rally.  That being said...there will be a three year hiatus till the next one! :)) :motonoises:

You could not ask for better weather at the end of September that made for an outstanding fall rally. It was also nice to be treated to yet another excellent motel fireworks display after the banquet. All in all it was nice seeing folks again and another enjoyable COG rally.  :great:

Many thanks to rally hosts Terry F and Scott S for putting on yet another excellent adventure. No one would have known of the minor last minute road bumps they encountered with the group dinner venue if it wasn't discussed here. You guys managed this event well and provided a great fall event.

A short video of riding around lake George and into Vermont, a shout out to big Kevin and young Kevin, Rick from Road Island and others that let me tag along and didn't punish me for breaking the group once! 😂

https://youtu.be/1FOkB96VfSs