• WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POST AND ACCESS MEMBER ONLY CONTENT AND FEATURES
    Join / Upgrade / Renew your membership to enjoy full membership and posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What have your done to your C14 today

Haring_Araw

Tricycle
Diz said:
Switchback lighting has this effect. .a COG industry member makes the kit. The running lights make you really visible to oncoming traffic. The photo doesn't capture how much brighter the brakes become with the change but it does show the turn indicator lights working as brake lights.  :great:

Looks good Diz! I might have to add to my list of things for down the road. Right now I have my sights set on a Evolution tune from SISF.  :)
 

RoadKillHeaven

Street Cruiser
Today I've taken my DuckTape on a first rainy ride. BT021 tires do not inspire confidence!
I desperately have to make a decision which tires to get before a nasty spill happens. 
Made it home safe, although I got some water seepage. Time to switch to real rain gear...

Cheers...
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Dreaming about riding it, it only has 61 miles on it got it Saturday and it has been raining hard since.
Friday is supposed to be nice so I will hopefully be riding it to work then.
 

Akumu

Bicycle
Just found out that I, apparently, ordered the last Concours 14 CeeBailey's windscreen they'll ever make. They've discontinued all motorcycle windscreens. (Mine's an XT model.)
 

gpd323

Guest
Guest
Akumu said:
Just found out that I, apparently, ordered the last Concours 14 CeeBailey's windscreen they'll ever make. They've discontinued all motorcycle windscreens. (Mine's an XT model.)

Wow that's strange, I just got a new short version on the Mini-Euro a while back. I have a new ECU flash coming for my C14 this week.
 

Haring_Araw

Tricycle
Gumby said:
Akumu said:
Just found out that I, apparently, ordered the last Concours 14 CeeBailey's windscreen they'll ever make. They've discontinued all motorcycle windscreens. (Mine's an XT model.)
:-\

Yep, if you click on this link it says nothing about motorcycles  https://www.ceebaileys.com/motorcycle-windshields

I noticed that the other day, but I didn't know they weren't going to make Concours windshields anymore. I just thought their site was acting up. I guess I'm not getting one of their shields.  :truce:
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
First day not down pouring since I got it so I rode it to work for the first time.
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Second day in a row I have gotten to ride to work now I sit in a dump truck here in Seattle.
Sure wish I wish I was riding  :motonoises: been on standby for over two hours. :??:
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
Picking up my new to me 2009 C14 on Saturday!!

She will share the garage with my 2017 Yamaha FZ10  :great:

6000000003.jpg

20170913_112550.jpg

20170913_112129.jpg

12.jpg
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Sent a message to the dealership in order to get an appointment to have the break in oil dumped and changed and have a good first inspection done, she now has 500 miles on her...
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
Rode up on the FZ10 to pay for it today.  Will get dropped off Saturday and ride her home. 

They are already going at it!!!  :rotflmao:

22117774_1730517533917741_1438051311_o_pe222.jpg
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
Replaced the rear wheel bearings & seal. At a 189,500 miles it just seemed like a good idea even though they seemed fine.

Cliff  :beerchug:
 

roy826

Moped
Just Cliff said:
Replaced the rear wheel bearings & seal. At a 189,500 miles it just seemed like a good idea even though they seemed fine.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Amazing  :beerchug:
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Bogie said:
Rode up on the FZ10 to pay for it today.  Will get dropped off Saturday and ride her home. 

They are already going at it!!!  :rotflmao:

22117774_1730517533917741_1438051311_o_pe222.jpg

I love it, THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!!
 

syxxphive

Member
Member
Replaced my fork seals today. For any of you guys that don’t a headstand, the scissor jack out of a car works perfect. I placed on the header pipe and lifted the front about 1.5”. Perfect height to get the forks out.
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Ordered a Cover Anything five layer all weather cover and Kawasaki OEM tank bag.
I have also been researching changing the big ass single exhaust out for a ZX duel system to give the bike a little more symmetry. I wanted to get a full Area P ZX system and make a left side muffler mount but the Area P ZX system is a 4 into 1. Looks like if I want a duel system I will either have to modify the stock ZG head pipe or use a stock ZX head pipe and use Area P ZX slip-on's. Hey Steve!!! What do you think would be easier to tune???
 

mqqn

Training Wheels
Over the past week - installed J&M CB, Canyon Cages, Throttlemeister, highway pegs, Givi monokey trunk mount from Advanced Sport Touring.

Canyon cages went on smooth - despite the lackluster instructions, everything else was smooth, although the CB was interesting having to remove the fairing and gas tank - there is just not a lot of room under the panels on this bike....

Getting ready to leave on a week+ tour on the new Concours.

best

mqqn

 

Akumu

Bicycle
Bogie said:
Rode up on the FZ10 to pay for it today.  Will get dropped off Saturday and ride her home. 

They are already going at it!!!  :rotflmao:

22117774_1730517533917741_1438051311_o_pe222.jpg

Funny. I also run a super naked (16 Blue Tuono V4 1100) and a C14. (08 Silver ABS)
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
Akumu said:
Funny. I also run a super naked (16 Blue Tuono V4 1100) and a C14. (08 Silver ABS)

Awesome!!! If they hadn't brought the FZ10 to the states I would have ended up with a Tuono Factory most likely. Great bikes too.  :beerchug:
 

Akumu

Bicycle
Bogie said:
Akumu said:
Funny. I also run a super naked (16 Blue Tuono V4 1100) and a C14. (08 Silver ABS)

Awesome!!! If they hadn't brought the FZ10 to the states I would have ended up with a Tuono Factory most likely. Great bikes too.  :beerchug:

Yup, mine is an RR. I fell in love with the blue...and the Sach's suspension is just sweet it's self.

qq1uyq.jpg


29ctj42.jpg


 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
Rode it just over 200 miles, from home to a job site in Bothell then to our shop and home again. Ain't nutten better than getting paid to ride!!!
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
First thing I noticed with my new to me 09 Connie was that the gas cap lock is one sticky SOB!!! Damn near broke a key the first time.  This will no longer be an issue ever again.  LOL  I have run keyless on all my bikes.  :great:

22278928_1732501627052665_632613930_o.jpg

 

jtrice

Bicycle
Rode from Santa Rosa,Fl to Panama City,Fl then rode to Pensacola,Fl then back to Santa Rosa,Fl. Not much of a beach person would rather ride  ;) Heading back to Nashville,Tn in the morning.
 

Bogie

Training Wheels

connie_rider

Member
Member
Thanks.
My stock cap is getting harder and harder to open/close.
I recently oiled it a bit, and it improved a lot.
Will use that method for now.
If it gets to the point that I need to disassemble it, I'll be moving to a new cap.

Ride safe, Ted
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
Replaced the nasty gouged mirror with a new one.  Previous owner tried to buff it out but that gouge was way to deep for that and he just ended up thinning out the paint in that spot.  :beerchug:

 

joliver

Member
Member
I gave her a bath, oil change, added stabilizer to the tank and removed the battery. Pushed in her into my neighbor's garage, covered her and said, "See you in April."
The season is done. Feels like it will snow pretty soon.
 

Bogie

Training Wheels
joliver said:
I gave her a bath, oil change, added stabilizer to the tank and removed the battery. Pushed in her into my neighbor's garage, covered her and said, "See you in April."
The season is done. Feels like it will snow pretty soon.

Worst time of year.  I will be doing the same here very soon.  :( :( :( :( :(
 

gbike

Member
Member
Here in middle tn the weather was in the low 70's so I went to find a series of roads called the Devil's triangle. It starts near Oliver Springs tn. and involves highway 62, then 116 and 330 in the shape of a triangle. highway 116 has the most tight curves. it definitely keeps you focused. 330 is mainly sweepers. Devils triangle is really closer to Knoxville tn then Nashville. it's about 50 miles for the loop. But round trip for me happened to be about 350 miles. 
 

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Member
glenn 12 said:
Here in middle tn the weather was in the low 70's so I went to find a series of roads called the Devil's triangle. It starts near Oliver Springs tn. and involves highway 62, then 116 and 330 in the shape of a triangle. highway 116 has the most tight curves. it definitely keeps you focused. 330 is mainly sweepers. Devils triangle is really closer to Knoxville tn then Nashville. it's about 50 miles for the loop. But round trip for me happened to be about 350 miles.

:beerchug:
That's on my "to do" list.
 

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Member
Replaced the air filter for the first time. Followed the  owner's manual instructions which were surprisingly good and completely removed the mid fairing on the left. That made it a piece of cake so I could pull it  straight out. Took my time and only wasted one push rivet (hate those things).
 

gpd323

Guest
Guest
Well, not actually today,  but installed the ECU after the third flash from his greatness Steve. Version 18.6!  :beerchug:
 

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Member
Tore the bike down to prepare for valve check/adjustment work tomorrow. Changed air filter in process and also plan to drain and refill coolant while I'm at it. Spark plugs changed out ~21K miles ago so no need to touch them
 

linuxguygary

Member
Member
Commuted to work today @ 30º  not bad ..  no show or ice yet .. stopped on the way via the local coffee shop for a latte'  I use a small short thermos that fits perfectly in my tank bag to carry it to the office.


 
 

Attachments

  • 20171124_082759.jpg
    20171124_082759.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 61
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
LinuxGuyGary said:
Commuted to work today @ 30º  not bad ..  no show or ice yet .. stopped on the way via the local coffee shop for a latte'  I use a small short thermos that fits perfectly in my tank bag to carry it to the office.
Ith has been unusually warm here unfortunately very wet and not warm enough to make wet bearable.  I really want some good winter gear got this thing too late in the season and it is killing me to not be riding it...
 

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Member
Road Runner said:
Tore the bike down to prepare for valve check/adjustment work tomorrow. Changed air filter in process and also plan to drain and refill coolant while I'm at it. Spark plugs changed out ~21K miles ago so no need to touch them

Just completed the valve check & adjustment (+ other items listed above) this Thanksgiving weekend. I was able to tear the bike down to get it to the valve check point, then called in technical help to have someone check them while I recorded results ... then we dove into the adjustment to correct those out of spec. That part was over my head (mechanically) ... knowing my limitations now). We got her done and I've almost got the bike all back together. Looking forward to taking her for a spin again ...
 
Top