• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

N.E. Spring Fling, 2013

I'm here.

Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 75. Light north wind.
Friday Night A slight chance of showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

The rally is off to a great start.  Perfect weather for the 422 mile ride here. Hope the rest of the weekend is good too. Visiting Flight 93 memorial today.

OK... all of us who are stuck in the real world and not at the Spring Fling....
Let's pick on these attendees while they're gone...  >:D

SSmith looks fat in a stich!
Zorlac's head looks the same with or without his helmet on....

Camper Dave said:
blah blah blah

banbutton.gif

Too bad you're not here Dave....  We have a new doo-rag for you.  I'll try to save one.

Nah, you'd hate it here Dave. It's been dry, sunny and high 70's or better the last two days. Of course now that I said that, it's guaranteed to rain today.  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
Nah, you'd hate it here Dave. It's been dry, sunny and high 70's or better the last two days. Of course now that I said that, it's guaranteed to rain today.  :))

Roger that!

This is my first rally rally, and I met a bunch of new people. Faces and names now match up.  I now understand why COG is much more than this forum.

4Bikes said:
This is my first rally rally, and I met a bunch of new people. Faces and names now match up.  I now understand why COG is much more than this forum.

:iagree:  :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Visited a Civil War entrenchment site today with Johnnylunchbox and GSJay.  They decided to reenact Confederates storming the entrenchment. 

i-WLpwRd2-XL.jpg

i-vTJ5Ltn-XL.jpg

Drove up last nite from the Md/DC line. arrived about 12:15am this morning. Met a number of nice people before passing out for a couple hours in a room. Rode with a great group of people I met prior to having breakfast. I must say I had a very nice time and wish I could have stayed for the banquet,
Looking forward to getting out there with more cog'ers in the near future.

Another great rally. Thanks to everyone for a really great weekend. I'll be packing up in a little bit and hitting the road after breakfast with who ever is up early. It looks like it will be hit and miss with rain getting home. But we didn't see any rain all weekend yet. So making it home dry would be the icing on the cake.  :beerchug:

Just got home from the Fling. Had a great time. More inportantly my wife had a great time!

Met some great people and everyone made us feel welcome!

:great:

Well, I made it home at a much better pace than I had expected.  ;D  And yes I cursed myself. It rained about half of the 330 miles.  :-[  I'll try to do something with pictures later on here. Nice seeing everyone again.

Ok, so I get home at like 10:00 AM this morning................

Nice Foggy ride up the mountain!

I'm sitting at the dining room table, scanning the Sunday paper with I realize .....................

NO ONE PAID THE BILL FOR THE SOCIAL OR THE BANQUET!  :-[

Hm....wonder how long it will take for someone to call?

So, I call over and Bob the Front Desk Mgr answers. I tell who I am and mention that I think we forgot to pay the bills.
YES YOU DID!!!!!!!!
Calm down Bob................

All is taken care of. COG's good name still stands in Bedford, PA
Hope you all made it home safe.

Jason

Many thanks to GSJay for rally-Meistering this great event.  The future of COG looks bright with many first timers there this weekend. I hope they all were made to feel welcome.

COGgers are some of the finest people ever - even Strawboss who incidentally I learned does not dole out hugs.

The damp ride home could not drown my spirits after such a good time.

JohnnyLunchBox said:
even Strawboss who incidentally I learned does not dole out hugs.

What?? He's one of the most huggable looking people I know  :D

OK, as soon as you come down from your COG rally high, can we get back to important stuff...
Like cleaning your stick gun do it's ready to use again...
And Why does our cars use so much oil!

Arrived home about 6:20p after splitting off from Mr & Mrs JLB when we hit I-84 west of Milford PA. It was a bit foggy at the higher elevations and a bit wet after crossing the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge. 

Jason did an awesome job.  I think we found another keeper of a rally venue.  Over a thousand dollars worth of prizes from Twisted Throttle, Aerostich, and ROADGEAR were given away at the banquet dinner - please support the vendors that support COG.  Gigantor won the grand prize set of Twisted Throttle Denali lights. 

Thanks to Russell and all the members who supported the Bug Splat and pitched in to the donation to the Bedford EMS. Special thanks to Rachel (& Jim) Robinson who donated back the Bug Splat contest winnings.  COG members donated almost $1000 to the Bedford EMS.

Nice to see many of the COG NE rally regulars, plus so many new members and first time rally goers.  Had a great time. The Travelodge was a good rally HQ and great value when considering the room includes a nice hot breakfast. 

Here is a link to the start of my photo gallery...I'll be adding more pics to this gallery tonight.

http://omnismith.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=29484739&AlbumKey=qpDtpv

Martha and I had it home about 11 am. This was Martha 1st weekend away sent she had her stroke. She really enjoyed the weekend. Hopefully some of you will come to the North South next month.

Just got in. Great time and thanks to Jason for setting this one up.

Great seeing everyone (mostly), had a great time an- TIQUE- ing with Gigantor, and a special thanks to Helene for helping out in the telling of The Cat Joke.... I have to assume the chair you were sitting on is dry by now. I apologize to those who asked for but missed the telling of The Cat Joke but it needs to be told in just the right venue and I can't control when the time and place are conducive to that. More of an opportunity knocks situation.

The ride home was OK but ran into a pile of stop and go traffic before the Tappan Zee to about half- way through CT. :-(  Rained the whole way too and both of us were not wearing full gear and so got wet. So did Mr. Elkhoof but he kinda' likes that. Had a guy wearing camo gear ask what kind of hoof that was and where it came from- being an easterner like me he probably though it was the world's biggest white tail deer.

Brian

Sue and I had a great time, got home about 1:30 this afternoon after stopping for some lunch time vittles.  Had about 1 hour of drizzle on the way home and the fog bank that GBY mentioned earlier.  Great to see old friends and to meet new ones.

Kudos to the rally staff, job well done  ;D

It goes without saying, I had a great time as usual.  This time was even better since I won the Denali lights  :).  It took forever to get home, first the fog then the rain and the horrendous traffic going over the George Washington Bridge.

I have to say my Perelli Angel ST tires inspire confidence, I ran about 70 to 75 in the rain and never felt so much as a slip or skip.

See everybody next time!

Wow what a great event and riding area. Great job guys! This was Val's first and we both had a great time. We took 1300 miles of tread off and only had rain the last 12 over 4 days of amazing event weather. After Running the Raystown long loop as tail of the snake she got a great view of the bikes going through the turns at the pace. What no brake lights she said. I'm sure she'll get her balance back in a couple days after that roller coaster ride. Were looking forward to the next one. Thanks

Thanks for the pictures Guy and Steve. Now that I've seen what I'm missing I hope to make it next year.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I hit the fog on the Mountain tops, but otherwise just drizzle.  Just enough to wet the roads and dirty the bike.  I met a bunch of great people, and the event was well organized.  It seemed like one out of every three was named Steve or Bob.  I was happy to contribute.  :beerchug:
-Steve

I saw a C-14 at the NE Spring Fling rally coming the opposite direction with what I assume were Denali lights.  I was really impressed by how visible they made the motorcycle.  Does any anybody named Bob, Steve, or someone else at the rally that fit the description?  I’m interested in knowing where you had them mounted.

Another awesome rally in the books!  Jason did his usual awesome job...well maybe except for that bill paying thing but hey screw em if they can't take a joke! :))

Long wet ride home for me but was back in the barn by 2:15pm yesterday.  Time to wash the bike again...maybe at Americade! :)

Most of you didn't see this screw up at the Banquet.

I'm calling out doorprize numbers and I pull one too many! We're out of prizes...............

But the winner doesn't know that and comes up to claim her prize.

I look at AAD Bob Barbanti and say "we got to give her something" !

Bob reaches into his pocket and pulls out the $50.00 Aerostich certificate he had won earlier and says "here give this to her, it's her first rally!"

That's one example of the kind of people who make up this club.
Jason

Thank you for letting us (everyone) know about that Jason. Absolutely typical behavior for Bob in my experience- he is simply a great guy and always has been. Over the course of time some relatively minor squabbles have been aired out in public and while that is fine, I think it is only fair that the rest of a person's true character is also shown publicly. On the way to my first long distance rally my bike had a bit of mechanical trouble and Bob did something similar but even bigger in magnitude then: he offered for me to use his bike on the rally without reservation (and it was a 1,000 mile rally too!). At that time I don't even know if we had met in person but it was a surprisingly generous offer.

It is nice to be a member of an organization that Bob belongs to.

Brian

gsjay said:

I'm calling out doorprize numbers and I pull one too many! We're out of prizes...............

Bob reaches into his pocket and pulls out the $50.00 Aerostich certificate he had won earlier and says "here give this to her, it's her first rally!"

Jason

I saw Bob do that. I never met Bob, I wanted to go up and shake his hand and tell him how great that was to give over his prize. After the group picture I could find him.
Way to go Bob!    :beerchug:

gsjay said:

Jason

Yep, Bob is a freindly guy. Terry was the first guy I met at the rally, Bob was the second.  After the ride in I was mighty thirsty, and Bob went back to his room to score me and ice cold water.  The next night he and Terry invited me to sit with them at the banquet.  Will I go to another rally? Heck yeah!  Bunch of nice people. Now if I could have gotten the cat joke out of BDF at Hosses, it would have been perfect.  :great:

BDF said:
Thank you for letting us (everyone) know about that Jason. Absolutely typical behavior for Bob in my experience- he is simply a great guy and always has been. Over the course of time some relatively minor squabbles have been aired out in public and while that is fine, I think it is only fair that the rest of a person's true character is also shown publicly. On the way to my first long distance rally my bike had a bit of mechanical trouble and Bob did something similar but even bigger in magnitude then: he offered for me to use his bike on the rally without reservation (and it was a 1,000 mile rally too!). At that time I don't even know if we had met in person but it was a surprisingly generous offer.

Brian

gsjay said:

Jason

Bob is a rockstar. This is what makes COG such an awesome group.

BDF said:

Brian

Funny part of this, is that you once said to me, "I would never be part of any organization that would have me as a member!"
:D

Bob has always been a class act to me.  Before I joined COG I went on a ride with the group.  After meeting Bob, Steve Smith and Terry I know I wanted to be a member.  Ever since I try to go to as many functions as possible.

Way to go Bob, this just proves all the good things I've said about you.

great job on the rally jason, it was nice to see some old and new freinds again, thanks to all who made it happen and looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.  take care joe

As usual another great time at Spring Fling organized by the NE crew! I found some great roads, it was really sad to have to go home to Ohio's terrible excuses for streets. I met some great folks who seemed like family minutes after meeting them and saw old friends who when we met again it was as if we had never parted.  As for giving hugs Steve, its my German heritage and strict adherance to Strawboss guidelines that one simply needs to follow to be omnipotent, besides, I didn't have any shoes on. ;D

Chuck, I forgot my computer today, so I'll send you all an e-mail tomorrow. It was nice to meet you all, hope you had a nice ride home, I had tremendous FOG going up over the mountain on Rt. 869 on my way northwest from Bedford, 20mph, misty, and visibility of around 25 yds on a secondary two lane. No rain all the way home though, I heard those who went east had some.

StrawBoss==We are glad you came over and sat down with us. Our ride was like yours. Tracy was a nervous wreck til I got her to Chambersburg. No rush on the emails Jack and Deb didn't get home from there cabin yet.

It didn't progress to that, I was hot and forgot my shoes at home, so for hanging out on the back veranda, I went shoeless, however, if someone needed a demonstration, I surely would have been up to it. ;D

voileauciel said:
BDF said:

Brian

gsjay said:

Jason

Bob is a rockstar. This is what makes COG such an awesome group.

Thank you all for the kind words. But I probably do not deserve such praise. In my view, I did nothing more than the majority of the folks who make up this club would have done. That is the main reason why I associate with this bunch of hoodlums. I see a lot of folks who would put the good of the club and it's members above the good of themselves. And most of the folks I have come to know and call friends would probably feel the same way. But I do thank you for the kind words. 

Bob

I had a great time as usual.  I really enjoyed the rally which was well organized by gsjay and company.  The roads in the area are just awesome, it seems you couldn't pick a bad one.  It was really nice catching up with everyone in the parking lot, restaurant, social, banquet etc. :beerchug:

I rode a total of 2765 miles without a breakdown, ticket or sphincter moment :).  I did have a close call with a chipmunk which decided at the last second he wanted to live and a bird who almost took me out.

Now by riding boots are still wet (not kidding), I saw about a total of 1 hour of sun in 2 days riding back.  I arrived back home Monday at 7pm.

It just proves how well built the C10's :great: are, mine is 27 years old and it never missed a beat!

Until next time!

Great job Jason, et al!

I really like the roads out that way and Helene and I had a great time.

Caught some rain on the way home, but the gear kept me dry.

The Devil Dog found a 10 cent juke box in Cumberland, MD.

RickBeanJukebox_zps31a14406.jpg

Rode back to RI with Tim Anderson--553 wet miles-but outstanding back roads and great company--the jukebox for ten cents was a trip back in time---waaaay back--

Devil Dog said:
Rode back to RI with Tim Anderson--553 wet miles-but outstanding back roads and great company--the jukebox for ten cents was a trip back in time---waaaay back--

By chance, were you playing the Village People: YMCA?  :))

I liked the dam exhibit, too!  ;D

Even the two school bus loads of kids stayed in the theater and left me have the rest of the visitor's center all to myself!  :clap:

If anyone has a group photo that was taken at the rally before the banquet, please PM or email me. Thanks.

Camper Dave said:
Need another picture of you standing in the front row again Steve?  :rotflmao: :D :nananana: >:D

Need it to submit with an article I'm working on.  BTW - I'm usually the one taking the photo, so being in it is a rare occasion.

Yes, Bob did take several photos and I'm still waiting for him to forward them...  :truce:

Cap'n Bob said:
Yeah it works. I guess better late than never. It was only something like four months ago.  :nananana:

With my schedule, lucky it was not longer.

Bob gets paid for his ADD (Attention deficit disorder)????
News to me!

BDF said:
Careful, Steve will dock your ADD pay....  :eek:

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
Yeah it works. I guess better late than never. It was only something like four months ago.  :nananana:

Maybe it is AAD- I know he has some kind of disorder, it's in his personal info. in each posting....

;)

Brian

S Smith said:
Bob gets paid for his ADD (Attention deficit disorder)????
News to me!

BDF said:
Careful, Steve will dock your ADD pay....  :eek:

Brian

Cap'n Bob said: