• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What have your done to your C14 today

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can get out on the road and adjust the Rostra,  so while waiting, I thought I might as well install a Superbright LED brand LED brake light strobe that I bought last year ( $4.95).

Here is a pic of the unit and the flashing pattern it makes.

Attachments

• Strobe Flasher.jpg
    Strobe Flasher.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 153
  • LSC-100A_strobe_schem.gif
    LSC-100A_strobe_schem.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 143
IBAJIM said:
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can get out on the road and adjust the Rostra,  so while waiting, I thought I might as well install a Superbright LED brand LED brake light strobe that I bought last year ( $4.95).

Where are you installing this and where are you tapping into the bake light wire at?

Thanks

Peg lowering kit for the wife and GPS mount with waterproof cover.

Attachments

• 2777ED4F-B3BD-4CFD-AB96-77626F228843.jpeg
    2777ED4F-B3BD-4CFD-AB96-77626F228843.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 159
I got my Lille extra spare mini key plastic key fob holder and had it programmed to my bike today. I also ordered a free Mr fender extender and a radiator guard!  Maybe it will be here soon.  Also ordered a spare key blank from Kawasaki.  I really love my C14!  I ride this morning and got sprinkled on and wiped it down too.  I put a tech mount phone holder on the bike also.  There’s really not much else I plan to do,  I have some kregra top cases,  a 30 and 2 20 liter water proof bags,  a tank bag also.  In the future I may add some crash bars,  and also an akropovic slip on.  I like the Kawasaki top case but it’s a little high.  Maybe one day and maybe not.  An electronic steering damper would be a nice safety feature to have for the future going out west and going a little fast, one day but it does not have one.  The zx10r I used to have had one.  Also I wish it had real cruise control so I could rest my wrist occasionally!  I love this bike though and hope to keep it for several years!

Wow!  I mixed some water and peroxide 50/50 in a spray bottle and got all those bugs off my bike!  It’s amazing how good that works!  It’s quick and easy and effective!!!

Attachments

• D0232B77-473B-4270-8DF8-982999965EAC.jpeg
    D0232B77-473B-4270-8DF8-982999965EAC.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 175
  • A314AAC8-2A8E-4721-98A7-4E6F2800EE1C.jpeg
    A314AAC8-2A8E-4721-98A7-4E6F2800EE1C.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 183
Clay said:
I got my Lille extra spare mini key plastic key fob holder and had it programmed to my bike today. I also ordered a free Mr fender extender and a radiator guard!  Maybe it will be here soon.  Also ordered a spare key blank from Kawasaki.  I really love my C14!  I ride this morning and got sprinkled on and wiped it down too.  I put a tech mount phone holder on the bike also.  There’s really not much else I plan to do,  I have some kregra top cases,  a 30 and 2 20 liter water proof bags,  a tank bag also.  In the future I may add some crash bars,  and also an akropovic slip on.  I like the Kawasaki top case but it’s a little high.  Maybe one day and maybe not.  An electronic steering damper would be a nice safety feature to have for the future going out west and going a little fast, one day but it does not have one.  The zx10r I used to have had one.  Also I wish it had real cruise control so I could rest my wrist occasionally!  I love this bike though and hope to keep it for several years!
You forgot the most important part!  Join COG! ;D

IBAJIM said:

Installed mine last night, works great. Mine is a little different than the one you pictured. Mine actually has 2 wires in and 2 wires out

FINALLY was able to get out pre Mother's day after getting lots done like new radiator guard, silicone hoses and clamps, valves adjusted & throttle bodies synced. Felt so good to get out after being out of commission for a month+! Ride feels almost new again, just waiting for new suspension parts to come in.

Weekend temps hit upper 80s, so took a nice scenic and cooler weather break at Hyak ski area on Snoqualmie pass...

49882881476_3cec781ee1_c.jpg

robertv said:
FINALLY was able to get out pre Mother's day after getting lots done like new radiator guard, silicone hoses and clamps, valves adjusted & throttle bodies synced. Felt so good to get out after being out of commission for a month+! Ride feels almost new again, just waiting for new suspension parts to come in.

Weekend temps hit upper 80s, so took a nice scenic and cooler weather break at Hyak ski area on Snoqualmie pass...

49882881476_3cec781ee1_c.jpg
Nice! Bike looks great in the foreground of the snowcapped mountains.  :great:

Since it wasn't that cold in the garage i finished up installing some Farkles i had ordered from PROJEKT D a while back. Everything was really easy except the radiator guard and that was only a pain because i had to lay on my back, hook it over the top of the radiator and then get the bottom bolt back in without the guard slipping off the top of the radiator.  When i ordered the items from PROJEKT D I somehow thought they were in England and so I tried to order the stuff while in France.  The order would not have arrived in time so i had it sent to my usa address and wondered  why the shipping was so high. HA HA, turns out they are in TAIWAN. :)  Turns out a. their stuff is really well made b. packaged very well c. no duty charges d. best darn instructions from the far east i've ever seen [see attachment]
AND........... I installed my ECU i had Steve flash during his CHRISTMAS IN APRIL SALE :great: :great: :great: Due to late weather activity [picture attached] I haven't had a chance to warm her up and try out the flash but this week is looking good for that. She sure looks lonely sitting in the garage. I talk to her, but she isn't happy! :??:

PS. DAMN can't embed a pic in my post! I thought there was a button/tab/something for that. The attachment worked fine.

Attachments

• 109_01.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 140
We rode 550 miles through several mountain passes. All food, water and snacks were brought in saddle bags and no contact with people. It was wonderful to ride....all done responsibly.

Well I started with needing new fork seals. Since I needed new fork seals I figured I would get Traxxion AK-20 kit. I figured if I was doing the AK-20 I might as well get the Penske shock while I was at it.  :rotflmao:
So since I was already doing the suspension work, I realized that the valve adjustment needed to be done as well. So since this was now on the table, I am going to be changing out all the fluids, wheel to wheel, along with the front brake pads.

After all this, should be good to roll down the road for a while!  :)

Jon said:
Well I started with needing new fork seals. Since I needed new fork seals I figured I would get Traxxion AK-20 kit. I figured if I was doing the AK-20 I might as well get the Penske shock while I was at it.  :rotflmao:
So since I was already doing the suspension work, I realized that the valve adjustment needed to be done as well. So since this was now on the table, I am going to be changing out all the fluids, wheel to wheel, along with the front brake pads.

After all this, should be good to roll down the road for a while!  :)
I hear ya.  Started out intending to do just a timing belt / water pump etc job on an RX300 Lexus.  The "while you're in there" list of parts / procedures got awfully long.  Even getting good deals on parts and labor, it was a chunk. It better be good for another 100K!

Installed wedges yesterday ( if I read the orientation of the index mark correctly the 1st time it would've been easy) I put the left ones in 180 degrees out, the bolts never wanted to tighten. Ugh! Read directions again and was like FAWK! Praying I didn't strip out the upper I installed them correctly and torqued to spec (18ft lbs) :) Today I finally installed the shifter bearings by Murph. The bearings were a lil sloppy as some have stated. I put some sleeve retainer on the outside of the bearing and it seemed likes its good to go. Re-installed shifter, torqued to 120in lbs ( Murph says 8-10ft lbs 🤷‍♂️) I don't trust a ft lb tq wrench that low hence I used a inch lb one.  It definitely is tighter!! Tomorrow I ride!

I can't now as I need to cook for my Gf's daughter 21st birthday party in a bit.

Stay safe y'all  😊😊

Installed a switch on the glove box. {so I can open it without having to turn on the key, or while riding}.
I think it will be handy...

Thank you MtnRider for the instructions/switch.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Wore out the rear RS III. Got close to 7000 out of it. The most to date for me on a rear tire. Spooned it off tonight and RSII going on tomorrow.

I drove Zeetha for about 150 miles and put everybody in the mirror. I was downhill no matter the terrain. Not one mudcheck. It was glorious.

Ordered a new set of RS 3's and some EBC HH rear pads. Got about 6k on the tires, will need em soon, getting a front wobble when I take my hands off the bars. Otherwise smooth.

Just recieved my Akra slip-on and Touring seat I got from a member on the FB page. Awesome condition,  shipping was brutal across the U.S. though. It's too damn hot to work on it today, tomorrow  :)

Installed a ATLAS Throttle lock.  Been having trouble with my hands getting a little numb after 30 minutes of riding. Nothing to do with the bike, same problem on my other bikes, I think it's just the bones and joints in my hand don't tolerate riding like they used to.  The ATLAS fits great, didn't have to change or modify the grip, it's made from stainless steel so I'm sure it will do it's job for a long time.

i finally found the time to install my engine and  luggage guards from T-Rex Racing along with the front wheel slider. I'm really impressed with their product as well as the packaging. The bars were wrapped in multiple layers of different kinds of heavy duty foam and about a hundred yards of tape. No way they were going to get damaged!
By using 100 mm bolts on the left side luggage guard I was able to use my Project D Centerstand Handy Lift. The fit and finish was perfect.  Only problem was I didn't realize the M8 & M10 bolts used are fine thread so i had to place two orders with Mcmaster-Carr. Changed the oil and filter while waiting for the second bolt shipment. Also installed Peter Lindquists "pod perch"s i bought a couple of months ago. Haven't got the lights yet as i missed the big July 4th sale when they were 20% off so i waiting around for another sale. I'm thinking that's enough for now and I just concentrate  on riding for a while.  :) ;)

Installed my new to me Akrapovic slip-on,  damn it sounds great now! Nice and throaty! Have yet to ride it though. I wonder how much better (if noticable) it will sound after I install a Black widow header?!

Christopher said:
Installed my new to me Akrapovic slip-on,  damn it sounds great now! Nice and throaty! Have yet to ride it though. I wonder how much better (if noticeable) it will sound after I install a Black widow header?!

It will be a bit louder without the Cat in the header.
We're all waiting to hear how much better it runs with the Header added?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Christopher said:
Installed my new to me Akrapovic slip-on,  damn it sounds great now! Nice and throaty! Have yet to ride it though. I wonder how much better (if noticeable) it will sound after I install a Black widow header?!

It will be a bit louder without the Cat in the header.
We're all waiting to hear how much better it runs with the Header added?

Ride safe, Ted

Y'all are?! I feel special lol
Would I be the only one to pair a Akra pipe with the BW header? I know of a few guys with the full BW system and imho it sounds a little to SSish, very high pitched.

Be safe, Chris

Changed the engine and primary drive oil. Lubed the shifter barrel. Installed new batteries in TPMS while mounting new Roadsmart 111s Went for a ride My big girl likes her new dancing shoes!

connie_rider said:
Installed a switch on the glove box. {so I can open it without having to turn on the key, or while riding}.

Ride safe, Ted

Care to share? That is a good idea

freebird6 said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Please share more info.
I've never even opened mine as I feel it's too hot in that box to put anything. I did home my side stand pad inside it for soft/sandy ground. Only used the pad one time. What will you be using it for?

Sent my ECU back to Steve for a full system flash. Waiting on the BW header. With hurricane reminents in route I wouldn't be riding anyways.

Christopher said:
Sent my ECU back to Steve for a full system flash. Waiting on the BW header. With hurricane reminents in route I wouldn't be riding anyways.
Just keep the storms winds at your back... You go faster.

Tundra said:
freebird6 said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Please share more info.
I've never even opened mine as I feel it's too hot in that box to put anything. I did home my side stand pad inside it for soft/sandy ground. Only used the pad one time. What will you be using it for?

I don't go into the Glovebox much myself.
But, I hate having to turn on the key when I want to get in the glovebox.
      I hate not being able to open the glovebox while riding.

So, I added a a wire and momentary contact {bypass} switch that allows the glovebox to be opened whenever I want.
Another member figured out how to do it. {Sorry, I don't recall his name right now}.
If you want to add the switch as well {?} I'll try to find his name..

Ride safe, Ted

Does taking it to the track count?
Pics or it did not happen.

I am planning on tracking the C14 at the next Open Road Course day down the road in September. Should be fun.

I've been getting mine ready for a Colorado trip next week.
Recently; Fluids etc changed and fixed a coolant leak.
              Re-installed the ^%$% fairings.

Hope to wash/wax it before I go.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I've been getting mine ready for a Colorado trip next week.
Recently; Fluids etc changed and fixed a coolant leak.
Ride safe, Ted

Don't forget to service the trailer Ted, it gets the most miles by far.  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:

See ya in Colorado!

Just Cliff said:
Don't forget to service the trailer Ted, it gets the most miles by far.  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:

See ya in Colorado!

Done..........    :nananana: :nananana: :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Put  :mad:a RSII on the front. Had one on the rear with 1900 miles and decided to put a new on for an upcoming trip. It was a bear to get off. Cant wait to put the new one on tomorrow :mad:

Installed new tires, 3rd rear and 4th front, adjusted pre-load on rear (Penske) shock 2 turns tighter and installed a rear tire hugger I bought a loooong time ago.

The front tire I removed was a Dunlop RS3 with 14,392 miles on it.  Replaced with a Dunlop RS2.

The back tire I replaced was a Pirelli Angel GT with 24,750 miles on it.  :-\  Replaced with a Dunlop RS3.

Attachments

• Rear Angel GT 31155.jpg
    Rear Angel GT 31155.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 162
  • Rear Tires 31155.jpg
    Rear Tires 31155.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 182
turbojoe78_MA said:
Installed new tires, 3rd rear and 4th front, adjusted pre-load on rear (Penske) shock 2 turns tighter and installed a rear tire hugger I bought a loooong time ago.
The front tire I removed was a Dunlop RS3 with 14,392 miles on it.  Replaced with a Dunlop RS2.
The back tire I replaced was a Pirelli Angel GT with 24,750 miles on it.  :-\  Replaced with a Dunlop RS3.
Holy Moly! Is that a typo, or a mis-calculation?

What did I do to mine today? Well, I hit a pothole on the highway (I94 in Michigan) going about 75mph, bending the front and rear rims. At least I didn't go down and they're still holding air.

Let the e-bay searching begin.

/sigh.

Boomer said:
turbojoe78_MA said:

Bike had 6405 miles when I hit something on the highway going 70 mph and had to change both front and rear rims and tires. (oem bridgestones)
I installed a set of Angel GT's with the new (to me) rims and got 10,358 miles out of the front and just changed out the rear at 31,155 miles.

I've owned the bike since new, 11/15/15 and this is only the 3rd rear tire to go on it.  I believe we have very smooth roads in the northeast.  :)

Chuck said:
What did I do to mine today? Well, I hit a pothole on the highway (I94 in Michigan) going about 75mph, bending the front and rear rims. At least I didn't go down and they're still holding air.

Let the e-bay searching begin.

/sigh.

Just so you know … some years of the ZX1400 front rims are the same as the Concours.  I have a ZX14 rim on mine.

turbojoe78_MA said:
Boomer said:

Bike had 6405 miles when I hit something on the highway going 70 mph and had to change both front and rear rims and tires. (oem bridgestones)
I installed a set of Angel GT's with the new (to me) rims and got 10,358 miles out of the front and just changed out the rear at 31,155 miles.

I've owned the bike since new, 11/15/15 and this is only the 3rd rear tire to go on it.  I believe we have very smooth roads in the northeast.  :)
I never get mine down to the cords like that but that is just plain awesome mileage from a rear tyre.  :beerchug:
I don't think I've ever gotten over 10k miles from a rear on the C14 and the roads here in the UK are not abrasive either.
Fronts I can push to 14k sometimes, but more often 12k.

dcstrng said:
Wow -- looks like tha last few hundred miles were a tad thin, but even so that is astonishing/encouraging...
Until you need to stop fast - keep it safe everyone.

I'm 58 years old and have been riding some sort of street bike since I was 16 years old. I'm not that fortunate. I've never even achieved half that mileage. I go through tires like under ware. What's your secret?

Tundra said:
I'm 58 years old and have been riding some sort of street bike since I was 16 years old. I'm not that fortunate. I've never even achieved half that mileage. I go through tires like under ware. What's your secret?

I'm not sure but most of my miles are highway commuting.  I still wear the sides down some as you can see in the left side of the picture.  (that's actually the right side of the tire)  The cords are only showing in that one spot, the rest of the way around you can still see the wear bars.

When I sold my C10 I had 10,000 miles on the front tire and 14,000 on the rear. (17" michelin pr3 front, pr4gt rear)  I sold it to a guy from Texas, he flew out to Mass and rode it home with the 14,000 mile rear tire on it and a new pr4gt front.  The back tire still had plenty of tread left but the front with 10,000 miles I told him I couldn't be sure would make it to Texas so he paid for the new front and I installed it for his ride home.

ron203 said:
Oil, filter, & rear oil change.

Woo hoo, Ron! I did mine about a week ago too. Soon I'll be taking a backroads trek to Mountain Home, AR (early Oct.) to have Fred Harmon perform my valve adjustment, throttle body sync, change plus, etc. I should be at about 75K miles on my C-14 by then, so it's due...

Just got back from 2400 mile trip to Montana. !5 miles of sloppy road construction crap to be washed off. Also have a leaky fork seal.Doesnt seem like cleaning it helped.Should get me through the season though.

Tundra said:

Not getting 24k+ out of the Angel GT, but I usually get 13k-15k out of them.

I ride in NEFL, roads are very straight, smooth and not abrasive.

I've never been to TX, but I've heard roads out there are like sandpaper and no one gets any decent mileage out of a tire.

I'm riding style has something to do with it, but I think road surface play a larger part in tire mileage.

Juts my $.02... :great:

Hello Coggers, Many moons ago I got to be one of the beta testers for the Shoodaben flash. That was on my 2012 C-14 which is deceased (another story). I now have a 2017 and was recently on the Cherohala with another C-14 pilot (2008) and he finally blew by me. I tried to keep up but could not because of Steves' flash. It was then that I decided that I needed the flash! I got in touch with Steve and told him to pick the flash I needed because he knew my riding style. I got it back the week of the Beat the Heat Social in North Carolina and all I have to say is WOW! I can't believe I went so long without the flash. I also helped with the MPG because it is running leaner. With the flash it pulls harder in every gear and I do not need to downshift as much for the extra needed power. Remember, Smoother = Faster.

See you down the road.
Bill

I am now washing it.

Back from a 1300 mile trip. I too have Steve's flash and I averaged 50 MPG this trip. I also have that doo-hickey that disables the flashing low fuel warning on the dash and instead gives you a mile/range to empty instead. So my early fuel stop was closed and I was forced to try to make it to my next planned fuel stop. I made it 239 miles, filled up and estimate I had ~1/2 gallon of gas left.

Thanks Steve!

Attachments

• 20200815_081815 (1).jpg
    20200815_081815 (1).jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 140
Replaced the front caliper bolts. Had trouble with last tire change removing 2 of the bolts without rounding out the the socket head. Replacement bolts not to be had at local auto parts stores. Found replacements on the web and had them 7 days later. Fit perfectly. Pics show the 2 different bolts in the caliper and laying side by side. I think it looks better. The difference in the Allen wrench needed to turn the bolt is a 6mm to an 8mm and a deeper seat. Bolts are 10mm x 1.25 pitch x 60mm long Fine thread Allen socket head Grade 12.9 Cost twice as much to ship as to purchase the bolts. Came to $4.25 each

Attachments

• replaced bolt.jpg
    replaced bolt.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 156
  • caliper bolts.jpg
    caliper bolts.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 167
I just finished a 2400 mile trip. I averaged 36 mpg. 1000 miles I am sure I averaged 80 plus, The rest was mostly in the mountains. No wind on the way home and I made 40 at 80mph. Not 50 but I am happy with it. I have the Premium MR flash
Wayne

gpd323 said:
I am now washing it.

Back from a 1300 mile trip. I too have Steve's flash and I averaged 50 MPG this trip. I also have that doo-hickey that disables the flashing low fuel warning on the dash and instead gives you a mile/range to empty instead. So my early fuel stop was closed and I was forced to try to make it to my next planned fuel stop. I made it 239 miles, filled up and estimate I had ~1/2 gallon of gas left.

Thanks Steve!

Bill said:
Hello Coggers, Many moons ago I got to be one of the beta testers for the Shoodaben flash. That was on my 2012 C-14 which is deceased (another story). I now have a 2017 and was recently on the Cherohala with another C-14 pilot (2008) and he finally blew by me. I tried to keep up but could not because of Steves' flash. It was then that I decided that I needed the flash! I got in touch with Steve and told him to pick the flash I needed because he knew my riding style. I got it back the week of the Beat the Heat Social in North Carolina and all I have to say is WOW! I can't believe I went so long without the flash. I also helped with the MPG because it is running leaner. With the flash it pulls harder in every gear and I do not need to downshift as much for the extra needed power. Remember, Smoother = Faster.

See you down the road.
Bill

Cool.
BTW, is your hair still "on fire?"  :rotflmao:
See you in Suches! :rotflmao:
Ron

Fender Extender from Murph’s Kit. Quick shipping easy to put on, just needed to buy some fresh ABS Cement. Recommend !

Attachments

• 22D7A8D1-835E-4066-B1C8-C1147AB952A1.jpeg
    22D7A8D1-835E-4066-B1C8-C1147AB952A1.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 8F62FDA4-C1DF-4D62-9032-2C06402752BC.jpeg
    8F62FDA4-C1DF-4D62-9032-2C06402752BC.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 146
Put on a Givi rack on the Givi trunk...wanted the metal one, but after waiting for a month, it’s still on backorder so Nylon it is...flushed brake/clutch fluid, changed tires front/rear, removed prop shaft and moly’d splines, installed Murph’s fender extender

Frank

Removed wheels/tires to get another set of RS 3's installed. I've mounted more car and truck tires than I can imagine but never done a motorcycle. Taking them to the dealer I purchased from. Support your local business!

@Road Runner - Congrats on the achievement!(y)

Capture (share if you like) while your saddle is still sore, what worked well / what you would do differently.
Thanks and good questions:
Likes: 1. Route we picked; mostly interstate ... although boring we were able to cover a lot of distance. 2/ Having short (15 min.) stops every ~125 miles was refreshing, 3.) Started early (4:50 am), but not too early - for me - and arrived home after midnight. 4.) Brown-bagged breakfast at first stop, then longer stops for lunch and dinner. 5) Lot of fluid (e.g., water and Sobe) intake day before and throughout ride, and 6) Small-group ride with my wife (she on her own bike), meaning we did not have to wait for larger group to get rolling again. p.s., I'm a long-distance runner (okay, more like jogger now), so blessed and in pretty good shape for age 60. Oh yeah, I also wore padded bicyclist shorts under my jeans, which helped for my not having a seat that is comfortable for such a long distance in this timeframe. Worked well!

Dislike: 1.) I do not have highway pegs, so legs got cramped after hours in the saddle; no surprise. Stretching them out at the stops helped a lot, 2.) It would like have been easier 10+ years back.

Cleaned my 2014 C-14 and gave it a once over for a early departure tomorrow morning.
This ride will finish off my rear RS2. Going to have a new one mounted soon for a planned trip around So Utah in 2 weeks.

I swapped out the stock gas cap. I hated messing with the key every time I needed to fill up, so we'll see how this works.

Attachments

• gas cap.jpg
    gas cap.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 167
You'll have to select the one for the Versys because they don't seem to know it fits our bikes too!

Removed wheels/tires to get another set of RS 3's installed. I've mounted more car and truck tires than I can imagine but never done a motorcycle. Taking them to the dealer I purchased from. Support your local business!
How many miles out of your set of RS 3? My rear is about done at under 4K.

Last Saturday (9/12/2020), I pulled the wheels off the C14 and took them to a small, independent shop in Portland, OR. Shout out to CycleTune! I had them mount another pair of Michelin Pilot Road 4 GTs. I figured I shouldn't mess with success. My last set got me nearly 12K of mileage (11,877 to be exact). Front and Rear were definitely done and they were probably a couple hundred miles past safe.

CycleTune was done with the tire swap in about 40 minutes. A couple hours later, I had the wheels mounted on the Connie again and went for a test ride.

Now I just have to wait for most of the smoke to clear out of the Pacific Northwest, and I can take my Friday rides again. Here is one of my typical Friday rides. http://tinyurl.com/motoride01

If anyone wants to join me, please PM me here and we can figure out the logistics. There are several variations of that ride that are all a ton of fun.

Woo hoo, Ron! I did mine about a week ago too. Soon I'll be taking a backroads trek to Mountain Home, AR (early Oct.) to have Fred Harmon perform my valve adjustment, throttle body sync, change plus, etc. I should be at about 75K miles on my C-14 by then, so it's due...

Coming up on that service this fall. I'm slightly overdue @17,885 miles.

Added 2 turns of rebound dampening to forks and 3 turns to the Penske rear in prep for a sporty/twisty 600 mile ride next weekend. Will bump up preload a bit today as well. preparing to shag the remainder of the RS 3 rear.

Installed my Quadlock phone holder. Using fork stem location (like a center view better) and using the RAM 1inch ball arm. So I tried the RAM 1inch ball fork stem mount but it didn’t fit right for the C14 so I end up using a 1/8 x inch long toggle bolt with the RAM piece so it is secured tightly in its spot. Don’t tighten too tight as these small toggle bolt wings will snap (I broke them at first try). Using a second one I was more gentle and seems pretty solid now.

Replaced the front caliper bolts. Had trouble with last tire change removing 2 of the bolts without rounding out the the socket head. Replacement bolts not to be had at local auto parts stores. Found replacements on the web and had them 7 days later. Fit perfectly. Pics show the 2 different bolts in the caliper and laying side by side. I think it looks better. The difference in the Allen wrench needed to turn the bolt is a 6mm to an 8mm and a deeper seat. Bolts are 10mm x 1.25 pitch x 60mm long Fine thread Allen socket head Grade 12.9 Cost twice as much to ship as to purchase the bolts. Came to $4.25 each
where did you source those? I need to put those in place before the next tire change. Mine are showing some wear

I suspect McMasterCarr, Not cheap but good quality unlike cheapbay. Here is a link iI had bookmarked. Not sure if this is the exact item you are looking for, but the search function is pretty easy to use on their site.